Notices
Ask Tadge Archived: Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter answers questions from the CorvetteForum community.

GM overheating solution

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:10 AM
jpechal
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM overheating solution

I know this has been asked several times but still have have not seen anything from GM offering a solution to the overheating issue. I purchased a 2014 C7 and was quickly impressed with the new car upon visiting Parumph. Upon my return from Nevada, I preordered the 2015 Z06 A8 to occasionally play on the track. Now GM has a overheating issue that they continue to ignore the first two years of the C7 to the loyal Corvette buyers. I have spent well in excess of $190k for two cars that I can drive no different than the jeep I keep at the ranch.. Its time for GM to step up to the plate and offer a viable solution. This is a major design flaw for GM and " America's" sports car. I would think GM would have more pride in this vehicle than to leave its owners "hanging". While it should be covered under an update or warranty, I feel sure many, as I do, that we would pay for a GM solution. There are several viable aftermarket solutions but if one proceeds with this arrangement, it voids any GM warranty. YOU CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. There are some mad owners out here and I think its time GM take ownership of their problem. There is some rumbling of a class action legal issue rumbling around the country thru the Corvette Clubs and internet and GM better get on top of this. I don't think GM would want to go thru the "black eye" on its signature sports car and give Ford, Chrysler, Nissan or any other manufacturer more data to sell against the Corvette through GM's lack of concern to its customers.
Old 01-10-2017, 07:31 PM
jvp
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,805 Likes on 1,145 Posts
"Ask Tadge" Producer

We're not doing this again. The solution will exist (for sale) when the solution exists and it won't exist any sooner. Asking about it here isn't going to make a difference, and we're done sending, "Overheating" questions to Tadge.

Done. Capiche?

Quick Reply: GM overheating solution