Notices
Ask Tadge Post your questions here for Corvette's Chief Engineer Tadge Juechter and then discuss the questions and his answers.

Interesting Note

 
Old 11-13-2018, 01:47 PM
  #1  
MMD
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MMD's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,814
Thanked 335 Times in 242 Posts
Default Interesting Note

I just thought it is interesting to note that this forum has never received a response from Tadge regarding the thread topic related to the C7 "Warble" problem. This particular thread is of keen interest to many forum members as evidenced by the large number of posts and views to this thread. Looking at many other threads on this forum that have received as much interest as this thread have been met by responses by Tadge. One can infer that the moderator or Tadge do not wish to address this topic of keen interest to the forum. Why?

Last edited by MMD; 11-13-2018 at 01:51 PM.
MMD is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 02:00 PM
  #2  
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FYREANT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Lehigh Acres FL
Posts: 5,643
Thanked 713 Times in 464 Posts
Tech Contributor
Default

Your statement is not quite accurate. Tadge addressed the wheel bending issues (cracking falls under the same category of “problems with wheels”) in this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595787114

I believe the Warble issue was also already figured out to be a differential issue and it was disucussed in the Ask Tadge section. Please see posts 31 and 34 in this thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-noise-2.html

-Ant
FYREANT is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 02:21 PM
  #3  
MMD
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MMD's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,814
Thanked 335 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FYREANT View Post
Your statement is not quite accurate. Tadge addressed the wheel bending issues (cracking falls under the same category of “problems with wheels”) in this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595787114

I believe the Warble issue was also already figured out to be a differential issue and it was disucussed in the Ask Tadge section. Please see posts 31 and 34 in this thread: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...e-noise-2.html

-Ant
I edited my post. However, I read your 2nd reference and 2 posts you cited. Although it is good to hear that 2 members have found a fix for their own vehicles why are there so many members still posting and griping about this issue? Why has this topic never been formally addressed by Tadge? I don't think this topic has gone away with C7 Corvette owners and will continue to be a concern for many owners.
MMD is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:34 PM
  #4  
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FYREANT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Lehigh Acres FL
Posts: 5,643
Thanked 713 Times in 464 Posts
Tech Contributor
Default

Originally Posted by MMD View Post

I edited my post. However, I read your 2nd reference and 2 posts you cited. Although it is good to hear that 2 members have found a fix for their own vehicles why are there so many members still posting and griping about this issue? Why has this topic never been formally addressed by Tadge? I don't think this topic has gone away with C7 Corvette owners and will continue to be a concern for many owners.
Its a valid question, but with people starting to figure out what the issue is, it almost seems moot to ask tadge about it. What do we expect him to say? The diffs are the cause? A manufacturing defect? If people are having the warble and can’t get their diff replaced when they are under a proper warranty then thats a different issue entirely..
FYREANT is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 03:56 PM
  #5  
MMD
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
MMD's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,814
Thanked 335 Times in 242 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FYREANT View Post


Its a valid question, but with people starting to figure out what the issue is, it almost seems moot to ask tadge about it. What do we expect him to say? The diffs are the cause? A manufacturing defect? If people are having the warble and can’t get their diff replaced when they are under a proper warranty then thats a different issue entirely..
It would be useful and educational if affected Corvette owners could hear from "the Boss" that a definitive solution has been found to this long running issue (assuming one in fact has been found) and here is how GM and Chevy dealers are proceeding to resolve this issue. If replacement of the differential is the solution, is GM now providing replacements to all C7s with this problem, or just those under warranty? It sure would provide clarity to the many who have to live with this issue. You think having Tadge address this topic is asking too much from the many loyal C7 owners? Are you the gatekeeper here?
MMD is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 04:26 PM
  #6  
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FYREANT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Lehigh Acres FL
Posts: 5,643
Thanked 713 Times in 464 Posts
Tech Contributor
Default

Originally Posted by MMD View Post
It would be useful and educational if affected Corvette owners could hear from "the Boss" that a definitive solution has been found to this long running issue (assuming one in fact has been found) and here is how GM and Chevy dealers are proceeding to resolve this issue. If replacement of the differential is the solution, is GM now providing replacements to all C7s with this problem, or just those under warranty? It sure would provide clarity to the many who have to live with this issue. You think having Tadge address this topic is asking too much from the many loyal C7 owners? Are you the gatekeeper here?


I’m not the gatekeeper, JVP is. I’m just trying to help where I can. I understand your outlook on wanting to hear from “the boss” on this. Your question potentially ties into a very costly answer from GM. If we approach them as though we are expecting a “recall” from GM, that would cost millions of dollars for them. Lets be fair and look at both sides of the spectrum; Does the “Warble” cause any issues other than “I don’t like that sound”? If the answer is yes, then maybe a recall from GM makes sense. If the answer is no, then I can’t imagine it to be able to be justified to spend millions to fix a sound when nothing is mechanically “broken” preventing you from driving the car from point A to B.

Last edited by FYREANT; 11-13-2018 at 04:28 PM.
FYREANT is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to FYREANT For This Useful Post:
ZR1FanBoi87 (01-07-2019)
Old 11-19-2018, 08:32 PM
  #7  
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 101,896
Thanked 666 Times in 452 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by FYREANT View Post
Your statement is not quite accurate. Tadge addressed the wheel bending issues (cracking falls under the same category of “problems with wheels”) in this thread:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595787114
Forgive me for saying so but his answer is in the grand tradition of some politician trying to dodge an inconvenient (and embarrassing) question, while ignoring the issue itself. Should my brand new Grand Sport develop the problem, rest assured I am not the type to sit back and accept my fate unchallenged.......
KenHorse is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
ZR1FanBoi87 (01-07-2019)
Old 11-19-2018, 10:01 PM
  #8  
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Support Corvetteforum!
 
FYREANT's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2014
Location: Lehigh Acres FL
Posts: 5,643
Thanked 713 Times in 464 Posts
Tech Contributor
Default

Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
Forgive me for saying so but his answer is in the grand tradition of some politician trying to dodge an inconvenient (and embarrassing) question, while ignoring the issue itself. Should my brand new Grand Sport develop the problem, rest assured I am not the type to sit back and accept my fate unchallenged.......
I always enjoy your responses Ken. And no, i’m not being sarcastic lol

Last edited by FYREANT; 11-19-2018 at 10:02 PM.
FYREANT is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:14 PM
  #9  
Skid Row Joe
CF Senior Member
 
Skid Row Joe's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas - Make America Great Again!
Posts: 13,874
Thanked 999 Times in 793 Posts
Default

Tadge obviously has boundaries on what he can and cannot say in addressing any questions posed to him as a GM employee. I think most of us can appreciate and understand that.
Skid Row Joe is offline  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:23 PM
  #10  
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 101,896
Thanked 666 Times in 452 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe View Post
Tadge obviously has boundaries on what he can and cannot say in addressing any questions posed to him as a GM employee. I think most of us can appreciate and understand that.
Of that I have no doubt. One doesn't reach the level within such an organization as GM without being cognizant of the required image and demeanor of that position. Still, if modern times has shown us anything, twitter storms make for bad press........
KenHorse is online now  
Old 11-19-2018, 10:23 PM
  #11  
KenHorse
Obama, the worst POS ever
Support Corvetteforum!
 
KenHorse's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, OR by way of Maui, HI. I have the heart of a Progressive - I keep it in a jar on my desk
Posts: 101,896
Thanked 666 Times in 452 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18
Default

Originally Posted by FYREANT View Post


I always enjoy your responses Ken. And no, i’m not being sarcastic lol
That makes you an Army of One!
KenHorse is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to KenHorse For This Useful Post:
FYREANT (11-19-2018)
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting Note


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.