Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

avic d1 wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:38 AM
uforic C5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default avic d1 wiring question

a few answers please,,just installed the new harness form sound gate for the newavic -d1 head unit, it says not to use ground wire from new head unit but use ground from new harness, will this work? next question, is power ( red 12 voly line) supplied from new interface to system or do i need to hook in from avic harness and if so where are you tapping into. and last where do i tap into the lighting switch terminal from the head unit ( orange/white ILL) wire. Oh yea one more thing i just grounded the e brake wire and did not send it to the switch. Is there another hack into the system ? im not installing the dvd player at this time but i was told you will have to pull over to make any nav. changes. Will the ebrake ground change this. Thanx so much for any help on this
Old 01-02-2006, 12:00 PM
LV_2_XLR8
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by uforic C5
a few answers please,,just installed the new harness form sound gate for the newavic -d1 head unit, it says not to use ground wire from new head unit but use ground from new harness, will this work?
I tied the ground from the head unit to the SoundGate ground and grounded it as required.

next question, is power ( red 12 voly line) supplied from new interface to system or do i need to hook in from avic harness and if so where are you tapping into.
The power comes from the SoundGate module through the Bose speaker amps. You do not need to hook it up seperately to a 12VDC source.

and last where do i tap into the lighting switch terminal from the head unit ( orange/white ILL) wire.
I used my VOM to find a wire on the HVAC controller that works through the dash light switch. I simply tapped into that wire.

Oh yea one more thing i just grounded the e brake wire and did not send it to the switch. Is there another hack into the system ? im not installing the dvd player at this time but i was told you will have to pull over to make any nav. changes. Will the ebrake ground change this. Thanx so much for any help on this
It basically won't work unless it sees the E-brake switch opening and closing. As far as I know there is no successful hack to allow you to set destinations on the fly. Don't forget it is also monitoring your vehicle speed through the VSS wire as well as having it's own motion sensor. Someone else feel free to chime in here...
Old 01-02-2006, 12:47 PM
uforic C5
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, thanx for all you help, do you by any chance know what color wire you went off of the HVAC. i do not have a VOM

Get notified of new replies

To avic d1 wiring question

Quick Reply: avic d1 wiring question