Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > General Corvette Topics > Audio/Electronics
Reload this Page >

Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers?

Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers?

Old 08-05-2001, 06:37 PM
TrplBlk01
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers?

Please...... Having trouble finding the pre amp thats supposed to be under the dash on the drivers side. :mad
Old 08-05-2001, 06:47 PM
MY 95
CF Senior Member

CI 2-3-4-5-6-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08
Default Re: Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers? (blk91)

what are you trying to do, remove it???
Old 08-05-2001, 06:55 PM
TrplBlk01
CF Senior Member

Default Re: Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers? (My 95)

I am trying to find what I was told was a type of pre amp that is supposed to be under the passengers side dash?
Old 08-05-2001, 07:26 PM
toddalin
CF Senior Member

Received 133 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers? (blk91)

What you are looking for is a two row plug that is located under the passenger side just under the fuse panel. The plug actually faces toward the right side of the car (i.e., toward the fuses) and is at the top of your reach just behind the fuses (lots of skinned fingers here). These plugs give access to the four channels from the head unit, the power to put up the antenna and run the Bose amps, and a ground.

If you intend to keep the stock head unit and add aftermarket amps (or vice versa), this is where you would install an adapter such as the AudioLink PD-4. The two row plug is used in late 80's and on C4 Vettes. You will not see RCA jacks like on a typical pre-amp output.
Old 08-07-2001, 01:06 PM
LPDesRoche
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers? (toddalin)

The box that those plugs you describe plug into is the thing you are looking for, its the Bose processor. Its a silver/sheetmetal box with some plugs and some cooling fiins on it. Its kind of hidden by wires and such but its in there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has anyone changed there system in there c4? Can i get some pointers?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: