Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Amplifier Ground Wire Connection Location

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 07:39 PM
jnjmarshall
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amplifier Ground Wire Connection Location

Where should I attach my ground cable from my amplifier to on a C5? My amplifier is in the far rear of a C5 coupe. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:17 PM
Prism911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jnjmarshall
Where should I attach my ground cable from my amplifier to on a C5? My amplifier is in the far rear of a C5 coupe. Thanks.
Check the C5 FAQ. I used one of the large bolts that holds the cargo area to the frame.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:27 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

I battled with this question too, on my C6. Lots of people said they attached it to the rear seat bolt. A guy at JL who I have gotten to know pretty well thought I should get a longer wire and run it back to the battery. I questioned this, as I've been told to make the run as short as possible, but he pointed out that the electricity has to make it back to the negative terminal one way or another, so why not just bring it back myself? That's what I ended up doing; 4 gauge for power, 4 gauge for ground; wires running together all the way (passengers side).

As far as concerns of engine noise, just make sure to keep your RCA's far away; I ran them on the drivers side.

My $0.02.
Old 04-03-2006, 12:35 AM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Have mine wired to one of the rear seat bolts. Excellent place for a ground wire!

Get notified of new replies

To Amplifier Ground Wire Connection Location

Quick Reply: Amplifier Ground Wire Connection Location