Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Navigation help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 03:31 PM
cdouglass
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Navigation help please

I love my new Z06 but the Nav system is either defective or I have been spoiled by better systems. The car is 5 days old and built on 3-17.

It is very slow. It takes about 15 minutes to enter an address. After hitting the desired command it takes a minimum of 5 minutes to access the next screen. It was a relatively warm day yesterday so temperature could not have been an issue. I've tried it in numerous locations, while stopped, engine on, engine off, cleaned the screen, re read the manual......

My wife's Acura MDX with Nav worked great. On cold days it was lower but never like the one on this car. I even had a CTS-V that did not act like this one(it sucked but it worked).

Any suggestions? Could I just have a bad Nav? Operator error?
Old 04-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Steve Germany
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try cleaning your disk. Sounds like it is having a hard time reading it. Dish washing soap is very good. Find a lint free towel to dry. After that take it back to the dealer and explain the problem. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Navigation help please