Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Need help w/ install

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 10:32 PM
hymnatr
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ install

Hello everyone. I'm going to be doing my install soon on my 2005 coupe and need some help on how to connect everything. I'm going to be keeping the stock nav HU. I have a Rockford Fosgate 400.4 for the highs and a Rockford Fosgate 1000.2 for the subs. Going to be running MB Quart PCE 216 and MB Quart DKF 113. The subs are going to be 2 Kicker CVX 10" dvc 4 ohm and a Rockford Fosgate 1f digital capacitor. I'd also like to leave the center channel connected. Going to use a pac-audio aoem-gm24 to connect things. How do I hook the 2 amps to the aoem-gm24? I'd also like to have a hook up for my mp3 player in my center console, can I also hook up a pac-audio AAI-gm24 at the same time as the aoem-gm24 or does anyone recommend another way. Any info is greatly appreciated, this is my first car stereo intall by myself.

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Old 05-25-2006, 11:36 AM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Good move posting here; you'll find a lot of people with tremendous experience to help you as they helped me.

The equipment sounds good. Like I mentioned in our pm, I think the AOEM-GM 24 will work great. It will give you 2 sets of RCA's out; 1 pair for front and one pair for rear.

Since you're going to have a front and rear channel, I believe you'll run all 4 RCA's into the 4 way amp. There will probably be an output from the amp allowing you to run a set of cables from the 4 way amp to the 1000/2 amp, which you'll bridge mono for the subs. Check the box or manual, or just look for an preamp output on the amp. That's gonna be a lot of power; the system is gonna rock!

The 4 way amp will allow you to run 4 speaker wires for the speakers, FR, FL, RR, RL. You'll want to run your own wires for several reasons. First, the rears are currently mono, so you'll need new wiring. Second, the wires coming to the fronts are crappy; you'll be better off with heavier gauge wiring. Not to mention you'll have your amp rack in the rear, I imagine. Finally, you'll want even heavier wire for the subs.

Make sure you have plenty of power going to the amps. You may need 4 gauge wires, if not 2 gauge; bring it straight from the battery along side the passenger side to the amp. Get a splitter to divide the wires for the 2 amps. I'd run the ground with it to the battery, although some people bring the ground to the passenger seat bolt. I felt as long as I was running the wire, why not do them both. Also, make sure you get power and ground wires the same gauge. You'll need a fuse block between the battery and the firewall.

I can't help you with the MP3 player. Others have done it, though.

Good luck!
Old 05-25-2006, 02:11 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

He covered it pretty well I have to say... just ask if you have questions... where are u located?
Old 05-25-2006, 02:13 PM
hymnatr
Instructor

Thank you very much craig
Old 05-25-2006, 02:13 PM
hymnatr
Instructor

I'm in Cypress, CA
Old 05-25-2006, 03:50 PM
cmb13
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hymnatr
Thank you very much craig
Sure!

Old 05-25-2006, 04:02 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Oh ok if u were in Illinois I would say call me up for some help
Old 05-28-2006, 10:51 AM
hymnatr
Instructor

Does anyone know the best way to connect the mp3 player. Should I get a aai-gm24 also or is there another way to connect it?

Brian

Get notified of new replies

To Need help w/ install

Quick Reply: Need help w/ install