Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Routing a wire into armrest compartment - C6

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 08:51 AM
ZBoater
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Routing a wire into armrest compartment - C6

Does anyone have pictures/instructions/tips on routing a wire into the armrest compartment on a C6? I've done a search but could not find anything. There was this black thing that looked like a retaining clip which I tried to remove, and then noticed its a key lock to lock the armrest. Goes to show how handy I can be. I installed the Neuclues iPod interface right where the satellite radio tuner is (on top of driver's side rear wheel well), and I routed the cable inside of the plastic trim and carpet all the way to the armrest compartment, where my iPod will now live, but I can't see to figure out a clean way of rounting that cable into the compartment. Any ideas will be welcome!
Old 08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by ZBoater
Does anyone have pictures/instructions/tips on routing a wire into the armrest compartment on a C6? I've done a search but could not find anything. There was this black thing that looked like a retaining clip which I tried to remove, and then noticed its a key lock to lock the armrest. Goes to show how handy I can be. I installed the Neuclues iPod interface right where the satellite radio tuner is (on top of driver's side rear wheel well), and I routed the cable inside of the plastic trim and carpet all the way to the armrest compartment, where my iPod will now live, but I can't see to figure out a clean way of rounting that cable into the compartment. Any ideas will be welcome!
Easiest thing to do would be to pull the console trim off and the armrest compartment. Run your wires under there, then drill a hole for a 1/8" female stereo connector through the console trim where it's under/inside the compartment.

I did a write-up of my install and I detail how I removed all that:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=1471466
Old 08-30-2006, 02:03 PM
ZBoater
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Routing a wire into armrest compartment - C6

Quick Reply: Routing a wire into armrest compartment - C6