Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

thread about 6-12 mos ago about 8" subs in door of C6/ or C6Z tried search can't find

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 07:39 PM
CoronaL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default thread about 6-12 mos ago about 8" subs in door of C6/ or C6Z tried search can't find

if anyone knows of that thread could u please link it
I have been unsuccessful in finding it via search sorry
Old 12-16-2006, 09:55 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by CoronaL
if anyone knows of that thread could u please link it
I have been unsuccessful in finding it via search sorry

I vaguely remember a thread about that, I think there was a Pioneer thin mount sub being discussed. However, I wouldn't recommend using the doors for a sub the way the factory setup does. Doors make for a poor sub enclosure because there's just WAY too much stuff in there to rattle around, plus getting the correct volume to optimize the sub is practically impossible. Add in mounting depth issues that would limit your driver choice and the fact that it's a far better location for the speakers for your front soundstage....

I guess you can tell I'm not in favor of that.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:40 AM
fej
Melting Slicks

8" midbass yes as they are generally better suited to an infinite baffle setup as well as what Komo mentioned. And it takes way too much work to try and truly seal doors in cars unless it is a show car and never needs water to run out of the door etc etc. And the rattle work would be more trouble that it is worth.

I run a 7" midbass from 63hz to 340ish right now and still need to do some more rattle/deadening work and I have liquid inner/outer skins + dynamat on the skins and when I remake my baffles to aim them better I will be doing inner "dynamat" type work.

You could run "subs" there and I tried with some ED eu700's, but subs really need a sealed or ported enclosure to perform to their potential.

Fej
Old 12-17-2006, 01:14 PM
CoronaL
Pro

ok
well I'm buying a 2006 Z06 and I want to setup audio over the blose, but I dont' want a sub in the rear as I don't want the clutter or the weight back there. I would like some punch so what are my options
thx
btw total stereo noob here so be kind

Get notified of new replies

To thread about 6-12 mos ago about 8" subs in door of C6/ or C6Z tried search can't find

Quick Reply: thread about 6-12 mos ago about 8" subs in door of C6/ or C6Z tried search can't find