Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

xm radio reception SUCKS! any advise?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 09:23 AM
A.Fry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default xm radio reception SUCKS! any advise?

i recently installed an XM TERK reciever. the signal fades in and out. i read in some other posts where people mounted their ant. under the body on top of the frame rail. i mounted mine on the pass. a-pillar at the top behind the factory windsheild tint, i would think it would get more clear reception there than under a body pannel. do you guys think its a reception problem because of ant location? thanks anthony
Old 12-19-2006, 10:57 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by A.Fry
i recently installed an XM TERK reciever. the signal fades in and out. i read in some other posts where people mounted their ant. under the body on top of the frame rail. i mounted mine on the pass. a-pillar at the top behind the factory windsheild tint, i would think it would get more clear reception there than under a body pannel. do you guys think its a reception problem because of ant location? thanks anthony

Yeah, I would think that's not a great spot. I'm not sure about C5's but that windshield tint may be metallic and it could be blocking the signal. Also a quick "just in case" - the "top" of the antenna must be facing the sky.. it's a line-of-site antenna.

You might just wanna toss the antenna under the rear glass and see if that improves your reception as a test. Our cars can be a pain because those antennas are designed to be attached magnetically to the body and they use the car itself as an antenna.. kinda like most cars do for AM as well. I haven't done an antenna in a C5 so I'll defer to the posts you've read for best location.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:00 PM
A.Fry
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info Komoman

Get notified of new replies

To xm radio reception SUCKS! any advise?

Quick Reply: xm radio reception SUCKS! any advise?