Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

[C5Z] Cargo cover latches for JL Stealth box

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 12:51 AM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [C5Z] Cargo cover latches for JL Stealth box

In the description of the JLAudio Stealth box, the last sentence of the pararagraph says, "To install in Z06, you must purchase two cargo cover latches from GM parts.". Believe it or not, calling up the local Chevrolet dealer hasn't helped in locating these. Anybody know the part number so i can order them up? thanks.

Hammer
Old 12-21-2006, 01:00 AM
scott_fx
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maybe fred beans will know what you need? i've always had great service from him
Old 12-21-2006, 02:01 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

you shouldnt need anything special to install it in a Z06 if i recall
Old 12-21-2006, 08:51 AM
NVTHIS
Le Mans Master

Location: Piedmont, SC Currently Own: 99 Nassau blue FRC. Previously Owned: 84,95,98 Indy Pace,01 Z06
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

The latches just assures that the box will stay in place in case of a accident. When I had a JL box in my Z, I never did buy the latches or bolt the box in from the bottom like it says. It fits really tight, but you will need to cut the carpet in the center compartment for the jl box to fit. As for the JL compartment cover. I just simply laid it over the box. It never went anywhere as in sliding around. You can get the latches if you want, but it's not necessary. I guess to be safe in a accident it would be wise to do so, but I knew I wouldn't keep the box for long so I didn't want to drill anymore holes in the car.

-J
Old 12-21-2006, 12:55 PM
TOOGECKO
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try 10290666. They are 17.41 ea. from GMpartsdirect. I was looking into this same thing recently...
Old 12-21-2006, 01:14 PM
thehammer69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TOOGECKO
Try 10290666. They are 17.41 ea. from GMpartsdirect. I was looking into this same thing recently...
Thank you sir!

Hammer
Old 12-21-2006, 03:01 PM
JLTD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NVTHIS
The latches just assures that the box will stay in place in case of a accident. When I had a JL box in my Z, I never did buy the latches or bolt the box in from the bottom like it says. It fits really tight, but you will need to cut the carpet in the center compartment for the jl box to fit. As for the JL compartment cover. I just simply laid it over the box. It never went anywhere as in sliding around. You can get the latches if you want, but it's not necessary. I guess to be safe in a accident it would be wise to do so, but I knew I wouldn't keep the box for long so I didn't want to drill anymore holes in the car.

-J
If you ever get into a front-end collision, the Steathbox will be the last thing going through your mind as it passes through the windshield.

Get notified of new replies

To [C5Z] Cargo cover latches for JL Stealth box

Quick Reply: [C5Z] Cargo cover latches for JL Stealth box