Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

new XM roady xt, not in vette

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 12:38 PM
vettefool
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default new XM roady xt, not in vette

I'm sure this has been posted here before, but to update..boy I wish I had kept up reading this forum or the xm forum before I acquired a new XM xt unit.
I have a couple of year old roady2 which I switch from my ranger pickmeup, to my wifes Acura t/l on trips and sometime the corvette, where it doesn't have very good reception due to the lack of metal to attach the antenna. most of the time it sets on the home docking cradle attached to my home stereo unit. Xm offered a new xt unit for free if signed up for 3 or 6 month subscription. since I wanted a xt due to the additional fm freq. options I signed up. well then due to my ignorance I found out that it doesn't work like my old roady unit. you have to attach an additional antenna unit to your outside car antenna and then plug in your xm antenna to that cable. works fine on my ranger truck, but will not work on the corvette since it has a retracting antenna. also our Acura has an in glass antenna ,which requires an additional attachment which is stuck to the rear glass and means routing this additional cable through the car to the xm antenna lead. so be warned don't be fooled like me. keep up with the latest information before you buy.

Quick Reply: new XM roady xt, not in vette