Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Factory CD Changer Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Snake Slayer
Safety Car

Received 526 Likes on 203 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Default Factory CD Changer Question

A fellow forum member is interested in purchasing my 12 disc changer for his 02 coupe. He asked me all cars came prewired ? or if he would need to purchase a cable to connect the headunit to changer/

TIA
Old 01-06-2007, 06:20 PM
EscapePod
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Cecil, I can't believe no one responded yet.

Without researching for detailed cable numbers and costs, what I can tell you is, "some" Vettes without a CD Changer came with the wiring from the factory. He would have to search around in the rear bin area.

The changer cable connects in the passenger side footwell (not directly to the radio). Try a Google search for "Cor-har" -- an oddball name for the cable that goes from footwell to rear bin. You could try eBay as well. Its probably a pain in the butt to install -- under the interior carpet.

There is also a cable that runs from the back of the Bose head unit to the passenger footwell. I am not 100% certain this is installed at the factory when there is no changer. Mine had the changer, so that cable was also pre-installed.

Bob
Old 01-06-2007, 07:53 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

most cars without changers will need the harness its very easy to install though

Get notified of new replies

To Factory CD Changer Question

Quick Reply: Factory CD Changer Question