Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Eclipse EA 4000 question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 07:19 PM
srosa75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eclipse EA 4000 question

I have checked two different sites for the Eclipse EA 4000 amplifier. One site says it takes speaker level inputs, the other says it doesn't. Anyone know which one is correct? Iwanted to be able to control the volume of my front and rear speakers seperately. Is there a way to set the levels on the amp itself or do I need to wire it to the speaker outputs of the head unit so I have control?

Also.....a wide variety in price. Car domain has it for $ 199, and Circuit city has it for $ 339. Something is screwy....

Comments appreciated!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:26 AM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by srosa75
I have checked two different sites for the Eclipse EA 4000 amplifier. One site says it takes speaker level inputs, the other says it doesn't. Anyone know which one is correct? Iwanted to be able to control the volume of my front and rear speakers seperately. Is there a way to set the levels on the amp itself or do I need to wire it to the speaker outputs of the head unit so I have control?

Also.....a wide variety in price. Car domain has it for $ 199, and Circuit city has it for $ 339. Something is screwy....

Comments appreciated!
no speaker level inputs. CC is confused as usual. Get it from Car domain.

Use two LOC's, fader control on the radio, and the amp's input level control. These should get you the sound you want.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:19 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

what radio do u have?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:28 AM
srosa75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
what radio do u have?
I have the KHE-200, direct fit for the gauge console. It has 4 channels, but only one set of line level outputs.

Get notified of new replies

To Eclipse EA 4000 question

Quick Reply: Eclipse EA 4000 question