Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Crazy Problem with my Eclipse AVN5435

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Mellow- Yellow
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Crazy Problem with my Eclipse AVN5435

I had an Eclipse AVN5435 installed in my 2005 Vette in October, 2005. All has been working great until about 1 week ago. At that time I lost all audio output. No Onstar, FM, Sirius or any other audio. Yesterday, my installer worked on it and said he replaced the "module"??. It worked great until this afternoon. I discovered that if I start my engine, I have audio output. If I put the car in accessory mode, I have no audio output. I can start the car, listen to the stereo, turn the engine off and switch to auxilliary mode and still have audio output. It only happens when I put the car in accessory mode while the engine is not running!

Any audio experts have a clue what is going on??? It has my installer stumped.

Thanks
MLOYLO
Old 07-31-2007, 09:18 PM
jbondfl
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14

Don't know what "module" he replaced but it sounds like the system is not turning on because your battery voltage is too low until you start the car. Once it is on it is happy and will run until your battery dies. BTW, have you checked your battery lately? Maybe its going bad?
Old 08-01-2007, 07:48 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Sounds like a trigger issue and the installer may have wired something incorrectly or used the wrong module. Ask the installer which module he used.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:33 AM
ttomczak
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Like Komoman man said, but I also wonder if it's really accessory mode or just RAP. Have you tried to open the door when you shut off the engine and go to accessory mode to see if it still works?

He must have tied the interface (don't know how) to a engine on only setup...

Not much help but might put you down another path. I have learned that a LOT of installers don't understand the systems in the Vette...
Old 08-01-2007, 10:40 AM
Mellow- Yellow
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Cruise-In VII Veteran

My installer is the guy that hooked it up when I first bought the Eclipse and everything worked OK then. Like I said, I can start the engine, listen to the radio, kill the engine, put in accessory mode, open the door and the stereo still plays. It is only when I put the car in accessory mode when the engine is dead that the stereo will not operate. Also, I will try to find out what "module" he changed. Thanks for the replys!

MLOYLO

Get notified of new replies

To Crazy Problem with my Eclipse AVN5435

Quick Reply: Crazy Problem with my Eclipse AVN5435