Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Quick Questions about Bose

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 09:17 PM
g-force 88
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick Questions about Bose

I want to install my new Alpine, but all the local shops tell me that I need a $199 Bose interface to be able to hook it up to the Bose amp and speakers. I looked at PAC, but can't find the right one to install on my '03 Z. So, Question One: Do I need the interface and, Question Two: If so, which one do I need? Thanks for any and all information.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Archdog75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, 199 is too much for 2003 vette.

All you need is the PAC OEM-1 or the soundgate adapter.

The PAC OEM-1 was like 65 dollars or so. It was easy to install.

I got my PAC OEM-1 through C5 Kidd, PM him or go to his web site www.ti-motorsports.com

Basicly with the adapter, you match the wires from your deck's harness to the adapter and then just plug in the adapter into the stock harness.

You can do it by yourself for much cheaper. Everybody here on the forum can help you through every step. Check out the C5 FAQ that is stickied at the top. It has alot of info that is really good.

Good Luck,

Justin
Old 04-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Archdog75
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh, yes you do need it. Without the adapter, you will lose the bose subs in the doors if you're keeping the bose speakers. If I was you, just replace the front speakers and be done with it. The bose speakers suck actually. I thought the bose speakers were ok, but I am in the process of replacing my bose speakers.

Its up to you and how you listen to your music

Justin
Old 04-08-2008, 10:07 PM
g-force 88
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you. I would change the door speakers, but that also needs an adapter. Don't want to spend the money to buy those when I can make them myself. Will buy the adapter for the Bose system for now. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:31 AM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

basically get you need soundgate gmcrv2 for liek 100 bucks, or get regular gm harness, make some baffles from mdf and some coaxials for less money and be ahead

Get notified of new replies

To Quick Questions about Bose

Quick Reply: Quick Questions about Bose