Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

1989 Vert w/ bose ....speakers question

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 07:03 PM
guno89
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 1989 Vert w/ bose ....speakers question

I had a new Pioneer deck installed today. Of what I understand the speakers shouldn't work, they do. It sounds like crap and I plan on replacing them tomorrow.

So from what I read in the FAQ the amps are built into the speakers.

Am I correct to assume I can just pull the speakers out, cut the speaker wire loose from the factory amp/speaker and just splice the wire into my new speakers??? or is there more to it?
Old 04-19-2008, 11:49 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

i believe the c4s had a common ground to the amps meaning you actually need to pull new speaker wire but i could be wrong
Old 04-21-2008, 09:12 AM
guno89
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well I pulled the rears out, what a pain. I removed the enclosure and used the existing brackets to make slots for 6x9's. ordered some 4way Fosgates,

next weekend I will remove the fronts. can some one recommend some speaker sizes. I have read 5 1\4 and 6 1\2 works. I want to get the speakers in advance. is there one brand that fits better than the other. I don' feel like to doing to much modifications. I would like to stay in the $80-$125 range.

I'm not into car audio and I really don't know to much. Just looking for a overall good sound. I have Infinity's in my daily driver and going to them from my Fosgates was a major dissapointment.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
yaknow
Le Mans Master

Received 231 Likes on 157 Posts

Old 04-25-2008, 11:16 AM
Randy93
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by guno89
Well I pulled the rears out, what a pain. I removed the enclosure and used the existing brackets to make slots for 6x9's. ordered some 4way Fosgates,

next weekend I will remove the fronts. can some one recommend some speaker sizes. I have read 5 1\4 and 6 1\2 works. I want to get the speakers in advance. is there one brand that fits better than the other. I don' feel like to doing to much modifications. I would like to stay in the $80-$125 range.

I'm not into car audio and I really don't know to much. Just looking for a overall good sound. I have Infinity's in my daily driver and going to them from my Fosgates was a major dissapointment.
From everything I have seen and read, 6 1/2 is the biggest in the front,
You have to run new wiring, if taking out the stock speakers.

Last edited by Randy93; 04-25-2008 at 11:29 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To 1989 Vert w/ bose ....speakers question

Quick Reply: 1989 Vert w/ bose ....speakers question