Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

92 Bose speaker problem - balance/fade

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Bugmanjack
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 92 Bose speaker problem - balance/fade

1992 convertible:

I recently had my speakers redone through Dr Don's. The speakers on the right side are louder than the left, I was hoping that the left were bad and Dr Dons treatment would fix them. My radio does not have a Balance switch from left to right. It has Fade from rear to front? The manual that came with the car is from 90' or 91' - The picture inside that manual has a balance/fade.

Does anyone know if there is a way to help tune or adjust the speaker issue?
Old 05-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Fuzzy Walnuts
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Throw them in the garbage!

Don't waste money trying to "fix" a terrible speaker in the first place. Put that money into a set of aftermarket speakers. Your ears will thank you!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:56 PM
RandyJ75
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07

Originally Posted by Bugmanjack
1992 convertible:

I recently had my speakers redone through Dr Don's. The speakers on the right side are louder than the left, I was hoping that the left were bad and Dr Dons treatment would fix them. My radio does not have a Balance switch from left to right. It has Fade from rear to front? The manual that came with the car is from 90' or 91' - The picture inside that manual has a balance/fade.

Does anyone know if there is a way to help tune or adjust the speaker issue?
I would call Dr Don's and ask them this question. Did they repair all of the speakers?

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Walnuts
Throw them in the garbage!

Don't waste money trying to "fix" a terrible speaker in the first place. Put that money into a set of aftermarket speakers. Your ears will thank you!
This is the smartest thing to do. You'll have problems w/ the radio and CDM soon, if they have not yet been repaired; or even if they have.

Randy

Get notified of new replies

To 92 Bose speaker problem - balance/fade

Quick Reply: 92 Bose speaker problem - balance/fade