Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Sirius question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 04:11 PM
veni vidi vert
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Default C5 Sirius question

So I have an Ipod (ipod2car) hooked up to the back of my stock C5 radio now.

I'm willing to lose that to get Sirius working (aux hookup, not fm modulated).

I'm looking for the greatness of the collective to help guide me on what parts I need to do this.

I'm guessing it's as easy as plugging in the sirius adapter into the back of my radio much like the ipod2car is now.

Am I off base?
Old 07-29-2008, 04:19 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

do you have a sirius unit already, if you wanna splice a few wires you shoudl be able to get both of them to work

otherwise u will need a diff module and have to remove the ipod2car they make an aux2car

furthermore the hardwired fm modulators actually work very good, u would be hardpressed to hear a diff between the 2 on a stock bose system
Old 07-29-2008, 06:51 PM
veni vidi vert
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
do you have a sirius unit already, if you wanna splice a few wires you shoudl be able to get both of them to work

otherwise u will need a diff module and have to remove the ipod2car they make an aux2car

furthermore the hardwired fm modulators actually work very good, u would be hardpressed to hear a diff between the 2 on a stock bose system
Hummm, I hadn't thought about a hardwired FM Modulator. What about crappy reception areas on a tuned station?
Old 07-29-2008, 06:59 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

its hardwired so when u turn sirius unit on it blocks out everything else reception has nothing to do with it as its plugged sraight into the radio
Old 07-31-2008, 04:09 PM
darwindog
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a kit out there that allows for 3 aux jacks to be switched between, similar to the Ipod2go device, but generic RCA inputs.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Sirius question

Quick Reply: C5 Sirius question