Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Subthump C6 boxes work very well

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 01:11 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Default Subthump C6 boxes work very well

Added these with RF 10" subs and a 500 watt Alpine amp. They hit pretty hard and really help the stock Bose system. It actually sounds pretty damn good right now....will probably replace the door and rear speakers as well.
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2009, 01:35 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Added these with RF 10" subs and a 500 watt Alpine amp. They hit pretty hard and really help the stock Bose system. It actually sounds pretty damn good right now....will probably replace the door and rear speakers as well.
Which RF 10" are you using?

I bought the MadVette Motorsports box, but it won't work with RF woofers - the clearance between the box and the top is too small, and the RF sticks up too much. So know I have to decide between using different woofers, or maybe a different box.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

I'm using the RF P3 shallow mount....I think Crutchfield might actually have their depth measurement so you can check to see if they will work with your boxes. They sound great and the boxes still allow for the top to be stowed in the rear. Good luck!
Old 08-25-2009, 02:58 AM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
I'm using the RF P3 shallow mount....I think Crutchfield might actually have their depth measurement so you can check to see if they will work with your boxes. They sound great and the boxes still allow for the top to be stowed in the rear. Good luck!
Thanks. That's the same one I have. Mounting depth isn't an issue. The Madvette boxes were designed for speakers like the JL Audios, where the cone and foam/rubber surround are recessed, so they sit flush with the top of the frame. The RF's on the other hand stick up above the frame by about an inch. Unfortunately when you put the top in the back, there's only a half inch of clearance between the box and the top, so the foam gets squished. It would be even worse when the subwoofer's playing...

Now I've got to decide... do I stick with the RF's, and buy new boxes, or go with the JL Audio subs. I'm pretty old school, and I've always loved the RF subs... But with the JL I could get a 2 ohm sub, and get 600 watts out of my RF amp, instead of keeping it at 300 watts. What to do, what to do....

Sorry to hijack your thread. Thanks for posting the info!
Old 08-25-2009, 07:06 AM
we3hokies
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive got the subthump as well. The are built very well. I have the RE audio shallow sub and had to "trim the box a little so the frame/cast basket would fit but I would recommend them to anyone!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:43 PM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I have 2 subthump sub enclosures and I also had steve make me a basic amp rack and cover. I can still get my roof in back as well.

The RF shallow mount subs hit pretty hard IMHO. I'm very happy with my setup.

Get notified of new replies

To Subthump C6 boxes work very well

Quick Reply: Subthump C6 boxes work very well