Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Disappointed with amprack and customer service from Madvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 04:36 PM
we3hokies
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Disappointed with amprack and customer service from Madvette

I initially spoke with Dave at Madvette Motorsports about an amprack for my vette. He had great customer reviews and the pics of work on his website looked great, so I was really excited about this project. On the phone, I told him I wanted an amprack, finished in vinyl, lights, the faux corvette etching, and two plexi windows to show off the internals of my us amps. He suggested since I was mounting them upside down to order the fan, which I did. He did not ask for measurements on the amps, just the models, so I assumed he would get the specs right. So, after about a 10 min conversation, I was very excited and confident in his abilities.

Here is a copy of my paypal payment. Note the included instructions on the paypal statement.

Business Name:
MadVette Holdings
Email:
sales@madvettemotorsports.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business Contact Information

Customer Service URL: http://www.cca.madvettemotorsports.com
Customer Service Email: sales@madvettemotorsports.com
Customer Service Phone: 615-907-8125

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amount sent:
-$240.00 USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD
Net amount:
-$240.00 USD

Date:
Jun. 23, 2009
Time:
13:29:56 PDT
Completed

Subject:
You've got money!
Note:
For plexi amp rack w/ lights, fan, vinyl 2 amps: Us amps merlin MD43 and US amps AX600DE. thanks again!

Alright, so I rced the amprack today (two months after order placed) and here are some pics.

There is no where in the amprack to mount the amps upside down, as ordered, without serious modification but hey maybe the unfinished wood look will grow on me There are no lights in the amprack, Dont see any corvette "etching", and as a bonus I get to mount the fan to keep my amps cool

Old 08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chad,

I am also sending this via PM. You could have called me as well about this, but a customer called me and told me to drop everything and make sure I responded to you, as I always stand behind my work, I wanted to make sure I was the 1st to respond.
US Amps, when mounted upside down, are made to be secured to the rack directly, via the mounting feet attached to the amps. You simply secure them with short wood screws. The windows are smaller than the amps themselves to insure that the wiring terminals, or the wiring itself, is not seen when viewing through the windows. I do not EVER mount the fan directly to the rack to allow you the choice of where you'd like it to be put, as well as they can get damaged in shipping (it has already happened) when mounted directly to the amp rack. So, they come to you wrapped in bubble wrap. The fan wires hook to the amp directly, so it is on when the amp comes on. The red wire goes to the amp turn-on wire, and the blue wire is the ground wire.
I must have forgotten about the stickers when we spoke, as it is not on the order here at the shop or on your receipt, but I will get them to you asap. Do you want the logo or Corvette text?
The lights are on their way via USPS Priority Mail due to the fact that I wanted the amp rack to get to you this week, and my distributor for the lights had them on backorder, so I had to get them somewhere else.
Other than that, I don't see any issues... am I missing something?? Let me know, and I will get it taken care of. I will be out shipping more orders in the next 30 minutes, but feel free to call the shop and leave me a message, or respond to me via PM or shoot me an email at sales@madvettemotorsports.com.
Thanks!!

Last edited by Madvette Motorsports; 08-27-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spelling...
Old 08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
we3hokies
Racer

I have called you before, left messages, and never get a return call. Not sure why order placed in June has lights backordered now, but ok.

If you look at pics, the plexi windows are larger than the amps, so they do not hide the wires, as seen in pics, and there is no where to mount the amps, except to the floor of the trunk and then you could still see the mounting tabs of the amps. If I secure the amp, as you state, directly to the rack, I will be drilling into the plexi window of the amp on the left. The amp on the right would hide the mounting tabs but you can still see the power wires. The plexi window is LARGER than the amps. Look at the pics. You can see the unfinished wood/staples.

As far as lights, since I have waited for 2 months for a completed amprack, who would not be agitated that it arrives incomplete, esp since no prior notification on your part that you were shipping without lights
Old 08-27-2009, 07:56 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Dave has always done great work for me and all customers i send him, he will make it right. IMO shoula taken it up with a mod or via PM first
Old 08-27-2009, 08:19 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by we3hokies
I have called you before, left messages, and never get a return call. Not sure why order placed in June has lights backordered now, but ok.

If you look at pics, the plexi windows are larger than the amps, so they do not hide the wires, as seen in pics, and there is no where to mount the amps, except to the floor of the trunk and then you could still see the mounting tabs of the amps. If I secure the amp, as you state, directly to the rack, I will be drilling into the plexi window of the amp on the left. The amp on the right would hide the mounting tabs but you can still see the power wires. The plexi window is LARGER than the amps. Look at the pics. You can see the unfinished wood/staples.

As far as lights, since I have waited for 2 months for a completed amprack, who would not be agitated that it arrives incomplete, esp since no prior notification on your part that you were shipping without lights
Chad,

I will make it right for you, and I am up here right now working on a new rack for you as we speak, so it will ship tomorrow. I went by the amp specs on US Amps website, and made the windows smaller, but something obviously, is not right.
If you get a chance, email me, call me, or pm me, and let me know what size you would like to see the windows, and I will make it right for you, at no cost to you, of course.
My goal is to make each customer happy, no matter what it takes, and that is the same for you. Let me know what you'd like to see done, and I will make it happen, no matter how late I have to work tonight.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:29 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Props to Madvette!
In my book, 10 years specializing in sound deadening, 41+ years into car audio, exactly how things should be done, good for you

Rick
Old 08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
mojo1
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

to the vendor!
Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 PM
we3hokies
Racer

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
Dave has always done great work for me and all customers i send him, he will make it right. IMO shoula taken it up with a mod or via PM first
I know he has done great work, that I is why I picked him for the amprack. I have talked with a mod and pmed on an earlier occassion. Im not a jerk, bad guy, but I was promised shipment twice and did not get it, so when it arrived and was not right, I was obviously not happy. I know he has been very busy with orders on his end and his business has been booming. That is great, he deserves it, but there has been communication problems with this order process so I am a little on the defensive at this point.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:01 AM
we3hokies
Racer

Originally Posted by Madvette Motorsports
Chad,

I will make it right for you, and I am up here right now working on a new rack for you as we speak, so it will ship tomorrow. I went by the amp specs on US Amps website, and made the windows smaller, but something obviously, is not right.
If you get a chance, email me, call me, or pm me, and let me know what size you would like to see the windows, and I will make it right for you, at no cost to you, of course.
My goal is to make each customer happy, no matter what it takes, and that is the same for you. Let me know what you'd like to see done, and I will make it happen, no matter how late I have to work tonight.
Pm sent
Old 08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Pm sent
Just responded. I am up here at the shop working on the new amp rack for you.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:47 AM
we3hokies
Racer

Just responded. I am up here at the shop working on the new amp rack for you.
Just to let everyone on the board know, I commend Dave on his quickness and willingness to correct things and make them right. He is redoing the amprack entirely, which is a very "stand up", class act thing to do in my opinion.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 AM
FadedSS
Instructor

I know he has done great work, that I is why I picked him for the amprack. I have talked with a mod and pmed on an earlier occassion. Im not a jerk, bad guy, but I was promised shipment twice and did not get it, so when it arrived and was not right, I was obviously not happy. I know he has been very busy with orders on his end and his business has been booming. That is great, he deserves it, but there has been communication problems with this order process so I am a little on the defensive at this point.
I completely understand your posistion Chad as I am in a similar situation. Dave seems like a really good guy and from others' experiences, does excellent work and so its no wonder why he is bogged down with orders...The lack of communication is the frustrating aspect of it all and this is probably because he simply does not have the time to correspond and is understaffed. Hopefully Dave can get some assistance with the customer service part of his business in the future...

Just to let everyone on the board know, I commend Dave on his quickness and willingness to correct things and make them right. He is redoing the amprack entirely, which is a very "stand up", class act thing to do in my opinion.
That's great to hear! A stang-up thing to do indeed. Anyone vendor that backs their service/products like that will get my continuous business and recommendations in the future...
Old 08-28-2009, 10:51 AM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by RAAMaudio
Props to Madvette!
In my book, 10 years specializing in sound deadening, 41+ years into car audio, exactly how things should be done, good for you

Rick
Originally Posted by mojo1
to the vendor!
Originally Posted by FadedSS
I completely understand your posistion Chad as I am in a similar situation. Dave seems like a really good guy and from others' experiences, does excellent work and so its no wonder why he is bogged down with orders...The lack of communication is the frustrating aspect of it all and this is probably because he simply does not have the time to correspond and is understaffed. Hopefully Dave can get some assistance with the customer service part of his business in the future...

That's great to hear! A stang-up thing to do indeed. Anyone vendor that backs their service/products like that will get my continuous business and recommendations in the future...
Thanks guys for your trust in me and my work. It truly means alot!! Hopefully soon, when money allows, a good customer service person can keep up with all the internet and phone traffic for me.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:29 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Madvette,
You Sir have my full respect because taking care of our fellow enthusiasts, no matter what it takes, is the most important thing we can do for them and for ourselves and I am not talking about the money, the reputation, it is just how it should be.

Sincerely
Rick
Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,145 Likes on 541 Posts

Chad,

Sounds like a class act to me!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:46 PM
_Nomad_
Team Owner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
-'24

Dave is a great guy. He'll do you right.

Hey Dave, glade to see your business booming!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
corv58
Melting Slicks

I see a follow-up thread in the near future....I dont even know you Dave, but am impressed...."money is money, but customer service is king"....Jim.....

Get notified of new replies

To Disappointed with amprack and customer service from Madvette

Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 PM
0Madvette Motorsports
Former Vendor

I got the new amp rack on it's way to you, and after you receive it, I will get you a RA from Fedex to return the other amp rack, and I will post pics later this evening of the new one.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:37 PM
1FUNC5
Le Mans Master

Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

I got the new amp rack on it's way to you, and after you receive it, I will get you a RA from Fedex to return the other amp rack, and I will post pics later this evening of the new one.
what a stand up guy!
Old 08-31-2009, 08:10 PM
dads toy
Burning Brakes

I guess I can understand the OP's frustration. I had a buddy who had his own business and it sounds the same. growing fast because of great work and no time to return calls or emails gets frustrating on both sides. Sounds like Dave is doing everything to make this right by the customer. Dave you will have my business when I am ready. Love that we have vendors on here who take every measure to make it right. I hope the OP is very happy with the new rack. It is very hard to envision what a person has in their minds. Was there diagrams to make sure both parties were on the same page?

Quick Reply: Disappointed with amprack and customer service from Madvette