Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 CD Changer harness...HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Camrod
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 CD Changer harness...HELP!!!

I have the cd changer and harness installed in my 98 vert. I followed the information that has been shared here about locating the two plugs in the passengers footwell but, I was only able to find the most obvious plug. I removed everything including the fuse box panel and could not find the other plug. It does appear that the previous owner may have had an aftermarket unit in the car at one time, and I am wondering if the factory plug had to be used for the aftermarket unit wiring. If so, how do I connect the changer now to make the unit operable??????
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:55 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Some have reported that one of the plugs was taped to a wire bundle under the plastic trim going up the side of the A pillar. Many have reported that the plug was hidden better than Al Capone's vault.

I thought 98's had both plugs installed, but who knows.

Even if there was an aftermarket unit in the car before, there wouldn't be any good reason to use or remove the cable that goes from the HU to the floor.

There used to be a link on here somewhere that showed how to connect a changer even if one of the factory plugs was missing, but I can't seem to find it
Old 09-12-2009, 05:08 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I just did a quick search and found that some had the second plug taped to a wire bundle above the BCM.

Click here to see what you can do if the plug is actually missing (post #4).

GOOD LUCK
Old 09-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Camrod
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks "MarkCz". Even though I couldn't connect to the link to see the pics of the harness, this is the exact information I was searching for!

Get notified of new replies

To C5 CD Changer harness...HELP!!!

Quick Reply: C5 CD Changer harness...HELP!!!