Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2006 CD player - faceplate tilt question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Hrdtop00
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default 2006 CD player - faceplate tilt question

Just picked up an 06 Vert one week ago so I guess I'm still a rookie C6 owner!

Question: When press the hard key to tilt the faceplate in order to insert a CD, the faceplate doesn't stay tilted long enough to insert a CD? Is there some setup issue that I'm missing or is there a problem?
Thanks.

2006 3LT Nav, xm, onstar, CD
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 AM
TheKomoman
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
St Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by Hrdtop00
Just picked up an 06 Vert one week ago so I guess I'm still a rookie C6 owner!

Question: When press the hard key to tilt the faceplate in order to insert a CD, the faceplate doesn't stay tilted long enough to insert a CD? Is there some setup issue that I'm missing or is there a problem?
Thanks.

2006 3LT Nav, xm, onstar, CD
If it's closing right away then there's some sort of problem with the unit. It shouldn't close until you insert the disc, and while it's been more than a year since I used the factory NAV unit I'm pretty sure you had to manually press the open/close button on the face even after inserting the disc.

If there's any warranty time left on that car I'd be getting it into a dealer ASAP.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Hrdtop00
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TheKomoman
If it's closing right away then there's some sort of problem with the unit. It shouldn't close until you insert the disc, and while it's been more than a year since I used the factory NAV unit I'm pretty sure you had to manually press the open/close button on the face even after inserting the disc.

If there's any warranty time left on that car I'd be getting it into a dealer ASAP.
There is a CD loaded in the unit & functions just fine. NAV works, radio/xm works great. Just the faceplate will not stay down so that I can push the CD eject button to remove the CD and replace with another CD.

Factory warranty is gone but I have an extended warranty on the car.
Old 10-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Hrdtop00
Melting Slicks

As I anticipated, my Extended Warranty doesn't cover the NAV system! The only way I found to eject a CD is to grab the radio fuse with the puller, push the hard key on the faceplate, when the faceplate is tilted horizontal, pull the fuse. Then I can reinsert the fuse, the faceplate stays down, eject/replace a CD, and then push the hard key button and the faceplate goes back up. However, this only works once. After the faceplate goes back to vertical, the problems remains, push button, it tilts, immediately goes back up! WTF! Might be a problem with the switch? Who knows. Just venting a little, now I feel better!

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 CD player - faceplate tilt question

Quick Reply: 2006 CD player - faceplate tilt question