Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What am I missing?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 09:42 PM
ZO6ME
Drifting

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Default What am I missing?

Looking to upgrade my Bose speakers in my 03 Z06. So far this is what I have, JL Audio 2 way w/cross over fronts and 5.25 JL Audio rears, JL Audio 4 channel amp, Audio Bahn 10" sub and box. I also bought the precut dynamat kit and new mounts for the front speakers. I am keeping the stock Bose head unit and want to add an MP3 outlet to it. My question is, do I need a harness adapter to make the JL Audio speakers work with the Bose head unit and do I need to buy a seperate roll of dynamat material to do the door panels? Am I missing anything else?
Old 11-22-2009, 11:05 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

The easiest way to connect the new amp/speakers to the radio would be with an AOEM-Vet1 adapter, but you can just splice into the wires if you want (schematics).

If you're keeping the rear speakers, you'll also need an amp for the sub.

For the ipod, if you currently have a cd changer installed you can splice in an aux input (click here), if not you'll need to add a gizmo to fool the radio into playing an aux input. Google "corvette ipod2car" to find some options.

Other than that, the only obvious thing you left out was a wiring kit for the new amp(s) and new speaker wire.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:14 AM
KCvetteowner
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You have fronts/rears and sub but only a four channel amp. I would honesty leave the rears in place and use the fader to barely give them any output. Just use the fronts and maybe you can bridge the other two channels of your amp for the subs??

You need (as mentioned before):
ipod-2-car adapter
wiring harness to run an amp off the stock headunit

I ran 0 gauge wire off my positive post on my battery to a fuse holder than has two 4 gauge wires coming out of it. Ran those both to the back for my two JL 300/2 amps. Open the passenger door and look down at the seatbelt, remove that plastic piece by removing the piece along the door sill first and then you can get the seatbelt piece out. There is a factory ground there with a bolt and a connector to your rear hatch lights. Put in a 4 gauge wire there to run ground to your amp. If you lived closer I would help you out, just finished up mine and working on a friends (01 and 02 Z's).

Good luck...PM me if you want more info...

Get notified of new replies

To What am I missing?

Quick Reply: What am I missing?