Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Subwoofer/Speaker/Amp setup recommendations!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 03:40 PM
SanDZ0Sick
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subwoofer/Speaker/Amp setup recommendations!!

I have a 2002 Z06 and bought the Polk db351's to start out with....looking for a sub and amp as well as front door speaker recommendation to match the db351's. I am purchasing either a Kenwood DBX DVD/Navigation headunit or a Pioneer AVIC unit.

Thank You All for sharing your knowledge!

Old 01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Check out my thread

Got you covered and quite well, especially if you have not deadened yet, bigger the buy, sweeter the deal

Rick
Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If you're planning on installing a sub in the rear and an amp for the fronts, most would ditch the entire door setup and replace it with a 6.5" component set.

You could get a 5-channel amp (and keep the rears), or a 4-channel amp with 1/2 on the fronts and 3/4 bridged to the sub (and ditch the rears), or a 4-channel (all 4 front/rear) plus a single channel amp for the sub, or use a 4-channel with 3/4 bridged to the sub and use the radio internal amp to power the rears.

The possibilities are almost endless. First thing you have to do is figure out your budget for the entire project, and if you want to keep the rear speakers.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:08 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Markz, great info, right on the money

I always focus on the fronts first then fill in as needed with sub(s)

Rear speakers are always last and nearly always never used in my systems but sometimes there are needs beside pure audiophile listening (to those that "think" this cannot be done in a car, you have not seen it all In the very few comp systems worth a darn and I have heard and judged some of the all time top systems ever built(built one myself once

I am actually going to be testing using the HU power, or not, no tweets on the rears, etc until I find the best setup for those who want rears but want great sound and have a limited budget, always best to spend the money up front!

My diff is due here tomorrow so I can put the rear of the car back together and lower it down to do more work on the audio, I have to be able to roll it back to get the doors opened up while on really tall jack stands(torn knees, hard to work on this thing right now!)

Have a great evening
Rick

Get notified of new replies

To Subwoofer/Speaker/Amp setup recommendations!!

Quick Reply: Subwoofer/Speaker/Amp setup recommendations!!