Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C6 AM/FM antenna amp question, HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 01:06 PM
vett2go
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default C6 AM/FM antenna amp question, HELP?

I am installing a Pioneer AVIC Z110BT and I have been reading in other threads that folks are having poor radio reception with aftermarket head units. It sounds like the HU do not supply the needed +5 volts to the AM/FM antenna amp in the C6, thus it is off and not boosting the signal. Is this true. I am using the AXXESS GMOS040 integration module? What am I missing. One individual even stated that he had added a 5 volt voltage regulator for the Antenna amp. Thanks for your experience and advice.

Mike
Old 01-28-2010, 01:48 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

i know on the c5 you had to, i never have on a c6 and have never had issues with reception but i believe it does use a similar antenna amp
Old 01-28-2010, 05:01 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

The C5 is the one with a 5v trigger, on a C6 all you need to do is connect 12v to the WHITE wire at pin B3 of the main radio plug. If you're not using the OEM amps for anything any more, the 'antenna turn on' wire coming out of the new HU is perfect. If you're still using the OEM amp, then you're already connecting to B3 with 'amp turn on'.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 PM
vett2go
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok Hey thanks, For now I am using the OEM amps. I should be good and have my normal AM/FM reception.

Mike

Get notified of new replies

To C6 AM/FM antenna amp question, HELP?

Quick Reply: C6 AM/FM antenna amp question, HELP?