Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Installer in Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM
RedRider98
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Installer in Dallas

I would like to find a reputable installer in the Dallas area that is willing to come to my house to do the install. I am also considering a local Car Toys in Rockwall but I have a big garage and it would be nice to be able to watch the install and not have to leave the car at a shop. Any recommendations?

Bryan

Last edited by RedRider98; 09-28-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:44 PM
hihoSilver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im also looking Just need a good shop that is very familiar with corvettes. I never thought about someone actually coming to the house to do it. I dont mind just taking mine to a shop. I am more in the Ft worth/Arlington area.
If I find someone, I will pass the word.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:48 PM
FrankZ06
Racer

With all the detailed threads on this forum, you should try to do it yourself. At least you'll know it gets done right. The corvette is actually pretty easy to work on. I'm getting ready to install my stuff. This will be the fourth vette. The last time I needed something done, I went to Earmark because they were suppose to be the best. I wish I could recommend them, but I can't. It's tough to find a really good installer. Good Luck...
Old 09-28-2011, 04:51 PM
RedRider98
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FrankZ06
With all the detailed threads on this forum, you should try to do it yourself. At least you'll know it gets done right. The corvette is actually pretty easy to work on. I'm getting ready to install my stuff. This will be the fourth vette. The last time I needed something done, I went to Earmark because they were suppose to be the best. I wish I could recommend them, but I can't. It's tough to find a really good installer. Good Luck...
Yea, I installed a headunit, replaced all speakers, and wired in a sub amp in my C5 and even installed a nav unit in my wife's Yukon but by the end I spent a ton of time doing it! With the C6 I might rather have a pro do the install if I can find a good one...
Old 09-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Richard Thomas
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

I had the Car Toys in Duncanville do my '06 coupe. Took many hours to do new head unit, door speakers, rear speakers, custom sub box, amp, and some accessories that went with the new HU. He did a great job on the install and it was a lot of customization. The car was very dirty on the outside (handprints, dust) however when it was all said and done, but it was 2 AM and I just wanted to go home. Would I recommend? Yeah, professional work. Could I have done it myself? Yeah, if I took my time. But, I never have full weekends to tackle big projects.

Richard
Old 09-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Rbohno
Racer

Received 75 Likes on 35 Posts

I used to live in Houston and took a brand new Nitro Bass boat (3 weeks old) to Car Toys on Hwy 6/Westhiemer for a marine head unit and 4 marine speakers. I told the lead installer where I wanted everything installed and unhooked the boat and left. He didnt want to get fiberglass dust on himself so he instructed one of the lessor qualified guys to go put 4 speakers in that boat.

Long story short they cut a hole in the side of my boat for a 6" x 9" (wrong spot) and there was huge box behind it so they couldnt mount the speaker there.

Lets just say I didn't pay a dime for my entire system.

Moral of the story - if you want it done right do it yourself AND stay away from car toys.

just my .02
Old 09-30-2011, 11:49 AM
hihoSilver
Racer

I used to be a very patient person. My lower back is so screwed up now (from racing dirtbikes and wrecks etc.. when I was <20). After about an hour of working on car, im done. I was thinking of just disconnecting center speaker, replacing others, then maybe just adding a powered sub to get some low end out of it. Im looking for a better sound, not perfection. I may not get there without adding amp for other speakers as well. The existing stock system sounds like there is zero crossovers or an kind of frequency distinction. Kind of like a old am radio. ANyway...is there a schemetic posted somewhere on the stock (non bose) system showing the complete system wiring and speaker details? Im still keeping my ears open..

thanks
Old 10-01-2011, 12:00 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Prints are in the C6 sticky, or click here
Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM
FrankZ06
Racer

The whole install is too much to do at one time, at least for me. I try to do a little bit at a time. Like right now, I have the amp rack and box built and carpeted. I haven't installed the radio or the wiring yet, but I installed the door speakers and the sound insulation. Now I'm waiting for a nice day to finish everything else. It takes longer this way, but it turns out better this way. If I tried to do it all at once, I would get tired, and then the quality would go down. I enjoy it more this way as well.

Get notified of new replies

To Installer in Dallas

Quick Reply: Installer in Dallas