Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Raam audio sub box

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 PM
msnbound
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Raam audio sub box

Any updates to the new 10 arc subox for the zo6???.....are they in production yet?? Any info on shipping??

Thanks
Old 10-23-2011, 11:47 AM
Tarheels1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How about the C6 Vert?
Old 10-23-2011, 11:57 AM
kedar
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I have mine and will post pics. Trying to get everything tuned. The stock nav head unit may be feeding the amp
a signal that has too low a voltage. I had to turn up bass boost on the amp.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:02 PM
kedar
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

Pics of RaamAudio sub box w/ Arc Audio 10" D4 sub. I am still trying to button everything up. I have a WeatherTech mat for the cargo area, which I will cut and place in the trunk (and partially under the sub).

I discovered that one channel of an interrconnect going to the sub amp was bad. I opened the console to access the interconnects vehind the head unit and fixed a short.

Still dialing everything in so I cannot comment on the sound. Trying to tune the sub and the component speakers. I did dial in some bass boost from the Arc Audio ks500.1 amp to compensate for the low voltage signal from the stock head unit. So far, the sub pounds.

Last edited by kedar; 10-23-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: to enhance clarity
Old 10-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Thrash
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 95 Likes on 57 Posts
Tech Contributor

Just a FYI: I ordered the VetteNuts corner vert boxes (2) last week, should get them this week <CLICK HERE>. They were a good price and hope they sound great, I went with the 10" subs ...
Old 10-24-2011, 07:08 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

Shipped 4 coupe units, 8 more on the way so I have some available as soon as they arrive, 3 I believe, I have to go back over the list

I have one more here I am working on to fit my convertible, it is far more involved than I thought it would be and I have been swamped with regular business and getting one of my race cars and a trailer ready for sale. Sold the race car today, leaving here tomorrow, finishing the trailer so it can go out and almost done with it, then finally get back to the Vert sub enclosure.

That is unless my Featherlite toyhauler and duramax sell as they might shortly, then get them ready, then back to the Vert unit. I am in the middle of a major change in lifestyle, going to be much fun traveling with my wife, Akita and Irish Wolfhound
Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 AM
kedar
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

here is the sub box with my weather tech floor mat. the sub sits nicely in the corner of the hatch. i dialed in some bass boost on the arc audio amp (7 decibels), and after some listening i realized that i have way too much bass. the arc audio 10" sub installed in the RaamAudio box really pounds! when i turn up the volume i have an obnoxious amount of bass. time to dial back the bass boost.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:37 PM
sublime1996525
Team Owner

Received 200 Likes on 77 Posts

How much is the box and sub?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:03 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...-want-one.html
Old 11-05-2011, 10:40 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by kedar

here is the sub box with my weather tech floor mat. the sub sits nicely in the corner of the hatch. i dialed in some bass boost on the arc audio amp (7 decibels), and after some listening i realized that i have way too much bass. the arc audio 10" sub installed in the RaamAudio box really pounds! when i turn up the volume i have an obnoxious amount of bass. time to dial back the bass boost.
I am also thinking of ordering the same sub and amp. are you happy with the sound? and can you share your settings? Thanks.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:45 PM
0RAAMaudio
Former Vendor

I have 8 in stock, 10 more on the way soon, more subs coming in to put into them, etc......

I just tested and can also can fit the new Arc Black Series sub, super high end sub, a bit heavier than the regular and great Arc 10, I have to weight them and get the difference.

Both are excellent subs, I have sold many Arc 10's, quite a few to replace JL subs and all were happy with the upgrade.

Rick
Old 11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
Rayzzz
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Me to

Originally Posted by Thrash
Just a FYI: I ordered the VetteNuts corner vert boxes (2) last week, should get them this week <CLICK HERE>. They were a good price and hope they sound great, I went with the 10" subs ...
I'm also looking at the same sub box's. Please let me know they work out.
THANKS RAYZZZ MY CORVETTE LIKES MY MONEY
Old 11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
kedar
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by DRLC5
I am also thinking of ordering the same sub and amp. are you happy with the sound? and can you share your settings? Thanks.
i am very happy with the sound. when i configured the arc ks500.1 amp i made the mistake of dialing in 7 db of bass boost. the bass was almost painful and i had to fade towards the front to get less bass. today i pulled out the amp carrier and made adjustments to the amp and dialed the bass boost to zero... it really is not necessary. the bass sounds natural and blends very nicely with the rest of the system. i am very pleased with the sound.

my settings are as follows:
input level: low
auto sense: off
gain: max
input source: normal
phase: in
bass boost: 0 db
bass boost: not relevant, but dialed to 30 hz
xover freq: 100 hz
subsonic freq: not relevant since free air box, but dialed to 10 hz

here is a pic of the settings on the arc ks500.1

here is another pic of the sub / sub box:
Old 11-06-2011, 06:15 PM
DRLC5
Le Mans Master

Received 340 Likes on 226 Posts

Thank you for the info. Looks great . I will be starting my system very soon.

Originally Posted by kedar
i am very happy with the sound. when i configured the arc ks500.1 amp i made the mistake of dialing in 7 db of bass boost. the bass was almost painful and i had to fade towards the front to get less bass. today i pulled out the amp carrier and made adjustments to the amp and dialed the bass boost to zero... it really is not necessary. the bass sounds natural and blends very nicely with the rest of the system. i am very pleased with the sound.

my settings are as follows:
input level: low
auto sense: off
gain: max
input source: normal
phase: in
bass boost: 0 db
bass boost: not relevant, but dialed to 30 hz
xover freq: 100 hz
subsonic freq: not relevant since free air box, but dialed to 10 hz

here is a pic of the settings on the arc ks500.1

here is another pic of the sub / sub box: