Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kenwood 6980 in boot loop

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:29 PM
DavyC
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Kenwood 6980 in boot loop

I've got a DNX 6980 that I installed at the end of April. Went out this morning and started the car and the 6980 powered up to the splash screen then reset. And it just cycles like that. I have powered it off and on, reset it via the reset button on the front and have disconnected the battery for an hour or so with no change. The Kenwood service center isn't open until Monday so I was wondering if there was anything else I could try in the mean time. Thanks
Old 10-24-2011, 04:30 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

You may find your answer at KenwoodForums.com

Old 10-24-2011, 09:35 PM
TNX ZORA
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you haven't tried it yet you can do a reset by pushing on the red triangle with a pointed object (located far left on touch controls). If it's like my first 6980 that won't fix it and you'll have to send it in. At least you got some use out of it. Mine started looping right after installation and before I could finish checking it out good. Seems now I gotta worry some more after reading this.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:20 PM
DavyC
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have tried all of that. Just got done rechecking wiring and it looked good. Getting ready to ship to Kenwood. TNX, did they happen to say what the problem was?
Old 10-29-2011, 12:09 AM
TNX ZORA
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Both the Kenwood Tech Center and the dealer told me they never had heard of a constant rebooting problem.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:26 PM
Tayler Ogden
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same problem with a pioneer avh headunit. Ive found that starting the car the first time of the day in acc mode letting it boot once even if it tries to loop then firing it up will bypass my issue. My boot loop cycle only seems to happen when I leave the car parked more than 8hrs. Super frustrating and this is one of the only places Ive seem someone talking about this issue. Is it something to do with our cars?

Get notified of new replies

To Kenwood 6980 in boot loop

Quick Reply: Kenwood 6980 in boot loop