Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

2007 SirusXM will not refresh!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 10:40 PM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 2007 SirusXM will not refresh!

I have three GM vehicles. 2005 GMC Sierra Truck, 2007 Corvette, and 2011 Buick Enclave. I just purchased the Corvette last week.
I have had for years the XMSirus on 2005 with the Premium Package and upgraded the 2011 Buick with the same package. Both work with no problem.

The Problem is on the 2007 Corvette. When purchased the XM was in another person’s name. I switched it to my name to get the Premium Channels. The radio was working fine with the XM standard channels. Contacted Sirus XM had them add radio and paid for premium. They said they could do a trial period and upgrade to Premium for a small fee.
That is when the problem started. They could never load the premium channels. Next day I lost all channels, and I only get 0-Radio ID and 1-Preview with audio.

I worked with them for five days straight trying to load basic, trial, premium nothing is working, the Radio will not refresh or load. So in short they only thing that they were able to do is shut off channels. I did everything they wanted me to do. Disconnected car battery etc, like I said other two radios are working fine.

Has anyone had similar experiences with this, and how was it rectified?
Old 06-11-2012, 12:17 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

I believe certain channels require a radio with certain features, but I thought the oem GM XM was one of them.

Can they make the 'standard' channels play on the C6?

Try calling back in a week and starting over. Make 100% sure you have the proper ID for the radio, maybe even pull it out from the trunk and read the sticker instead of looking at the radio display.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:04 AM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Standard XM channels were playing on radio prior to swithing accounts.
Can you tell me where to view stickers. It is a factory bose with nav.
Is there a way to reset the radio?

Thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 03:46 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Stickers should be on the bottom of oem XM box, which sits on top of drivers side wheel hump in hatch. Good pics HERE

Can they make the standard stations play on the car NOW?
Old 06-11-2012, 07:16 PM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

No they cannot make standard stations play. I did however do some research and found some GM Service Information pertaining to this problem. Document ID 2866717. I will post and do this next week if XM OEM cannot resolve problem.

Document ID: 2866717
http://gsi.xw.gm.com/newsi/showDoc.d...866717&from=ns[6/11/2012 3:07:46 PM]
Service Information
#PIC5088D: XM Band Not Receiving All Channels (Preview
Mode) - (Jun 4, 2012)
Subject: XM Band Not Receiving All Channels (Preview Mode)
Models: 2002 - 2013 GM Passenger Cars & Light-Duty Trucks with XM Radio (RPO U2K)
This PI was superseded to update model and model years. Please discard PIC5088C.
The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:
Some customers may report that they are not receiving all channels on the XM band. Usually they will only be
receiving up to 10 channels (preview mode).
Recommendation/Instructions:
In most cases this has been found to be an account activation concern.
Technicians should connect the TECH2 (version 30.001 or later) and navigate to Digital Radio Receiver>>Data
Display. In this menu the tech will see two lines labeled Digital Radio Receiver Status.
It is important to record this information for reference.
Notice: The following information currently cannot be obtained on the 2008 - 2013 Cadillac CTS, 2009 - 2013
Chevy Aveo/Pontiac G3 using the Tech2 due to the XM receiver being integrated into the radio assembly.
Furthermore, vehicles that require the use of GDS2 are unable to obtain this data. On these vehicles only,
dealers should skip this step and proceed to the XM Reactivation/Refresh process below.
The first line labeled Digital Radio Receiver status will show one of the following: Unknown, OK or Failed.
The second line labeled Digital Radio Receiver Status will display a number of 00 - 04.
00 - Binding Unknown (Have not completed power up sequence)
01 - Binding OK and Unit Activated
02 - Binding OK, Activation Required
Old 06-11-2012, 07:18 PM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Default Document ID 2866717

Models: 2002 - 2013 GM Passenger Cars & Light-Duty Trucks with XM Radio (RPO U2K)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.
Condition/Concern:

Some customers may report that they are not receiving all channels on the XM band. Usually they will only be receiving up to 10 channels (preview mode).
Recommendation/Instructions:

In most cases this has been found to be an account activation concern.
Technicians should connect the TECH2 (version 30.001 or later) and navigate to Digital Radio Receiver>>Data Display. In this menu the tech will see two lines labeled Digital Radio Receiver Status.
It is important to record this information for reference.
Notice: The following information currently cannot be obtained on the 2008 - 2013 Cadillac CTS, 2009 - 2013 Chevy Aveo/Pontiac G3 using the Tech2 due to the XM receiver being integrated into the radio assembly.
Furthermore, vehicles that require the use of GDS2 are unable to obtain this data. On these vehicles only, dealers should skip this step and proceed to the XM Reactivation/Refresh process below.
The first line labeled Digital Radio Receiver status will show one of the following: Unknown, OK or Failed.
The second line labeled Digital Radio Receiver Status will display a number of 00 - 04.
00 - Binding Unknown (Have not completed power up sequence)
01 - Binding OK and Unit Activated
02 - Binding OK, Activation Required
03 - Binding Fail - CAP Error
04 - Unbound C90 IC
If the DRR status is showing 00, back out of menu and recheck. The DRR may not have powered up completely. If 01 or 02 are displayed the system may need to have a refresh (procedure below) sent or further account research performed to correct the concern. If either 03 or 04 are displayed then the DRR will need to be replaced. Refer to eSI for the specific vehicle for module replacement instruction.
A replacement DRR can be obtained through the local radio exchange center.
Notice: On the Pontiac G8, the initial factory XM activation period is set for 6 months. Due to extended transportation times from the manufacture date to the vehicles arrival at the dealership, the 6 month activation window may expire. If the activation window expires the XM Digital Radio Receiver (DRR) must be refreshed to allow normal XM reception.
To Reactivate/Refresh the XM Digital Radio Receiver, follow the steps below:
1. Tune radio to XM Channel 1 (Preview Channel), verify audio is heard. Tune to XM Channel 0 to obtain 8 digit XM radio ID. Allow 3-5 seconds for the text to page from XM RADIO ID to the actual ID number (press the clock button on the top-left bank of buttons if the display times out and returns to the date/time page). If Channel 0 cannot be tuned, connect the Tech 2 (or GDS with MDI on the 2010 & 2013 Global A vehicles) and navigate to the Module ID Information page and record the Radio ID. The Radio ID info is 8 alphanumeric characters.
2. Go to XM refresh website www.xmradio.com/oemrefresh and enter the 8 digit XM radio ID.
3. Park the vehicle where it may receive a clear satellite signal and have the vehicle running.
4. Tune radio to XM Channel 1 (Preview Channel).
5. The process may take up to 20 minutes to receive the complete XM. Channel list.
NoticeThe refresh signal will be sent for 3 hours. The vehicle must be powered up within the 3 hour window to receive the refresh signal.
6. Verify the channels in the current channel lineup are available, to verify if the activation is complete.
NoticeOccasionally XM will run an expanded preview mode where more than the normal preview channels will be heard (holidays, promotions, etc.)
If the radio is also intended to receive data services (e.g. NavTraffic, local forecast, etc.), verify these authorized services are also received. If the channels are not available, tune back to XM. Channel 1 and continue the refresh.
7. If the Digital Radio Receiver refresh was not successful, a second refresh attempt should NOT be performed within 3 hours of the first refresh request expiring.
8. If the online refresh is unsuccessful then it will be necessary to contact a live XM Customer Assistance Advisor for assistance.
US: www.xmradio.com or 1-800-556-3600 prompt 2
Canada: www.xmradio.ca or 1-877-438-9677
The advisor may need to manually make changes to the account to resolve the activation concern.
Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.
GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information. WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION
© 2012 General Motors. All rights reserved.
Bottom of Form
Old 06-12-2012, 05:52 AM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

I did verify the number on the sticker on the OEM box. It is the same as radio ID. That is some good information. I was wandering what is the cost of a new OEM Sirus box?
Old 06-12-2012, 04:15 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

I had a SIR-GM1 in my '07 for a while that's just sitting around. $40 shipped if you want it (pic here)
Old 06-12-2012, 05:32 PM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Just ordered one from Amazon. If I have a problem with it and it is dead I will purchase yours and send it back. I did take the car to a dealer, I had a nice tech name Dave hook up the Tech2 and read the codes. I do have a failure or code 3. From the doc's posted it looks like I am on the correct path as the DRR - Binding Fail - CAP Error and will need to replaced. I also purchased a connector from TSS. I will let everyone know how it works out. Thanks for the info and links becouse they helped me trouble shoot this problem.

I did also play with removing the DRR. On my radio the XM goes away on radio when DRR is not connected.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Sounds like you've got it taken care of
Old 06-17-2012, 09:04 AM
MP&RPZ06
Instructor

Default Fixed

Final solution.
Installed the SIR-GM1 box with antenna adapter from TSS, and then changed over with SirusXM and now all is working along with a 100.00 credit on renewal for next year for my problems. Thanks for all the help. The adapter worked well also from TSS.

Michael

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 SirusXM will not refresh!

Quick Reply: 2007 SirusXM will not refresh!