Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 rear speaker volume level question w/ PAC ROEM-Vet1 adapter

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2019, 12:36 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by sirdano
Listen to the video I post after 20 seconds you will hear what I am talking about
I'll check your video, but I asked you other questions that would be helpful if you could answer.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:40 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by GCG
Could you provide more details: do you hear it at all volumes or just when you push it, does it improve if you make EQ adjustments to the lower end? Could you describe what you're hearing?

Did you notice any change, even if slight, after connecting the in-line highpass filters? Their positive effect should be noticeable, even if it's not dramatic. A 3½" speaker just can't handle full bandwidth audio at maximum volume the same way than a larger speaker can, so a highpass filter should improve its behavior. That's why I suggested getting the 600Hz filter as well to be able to do an A/B comparison and keep the one that provided the better results.

Of course it's your decision, but IMO considering all you've already done, an A/B comparison between the 2 filters shouldn't be the last straw. I would go for it.
It seems that the song cemetery gates is fixed as i did try that one. I am sure it was hook up correctly as the 3.5 had caps on it so i install in line with those.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:52 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by sirdano
It seems that the song cemetery gates is fixed as i did try that one. I am sure it was hook up correctly as the 3.5 had caps on it so i install in line with those.
Sorry, but you lost me...
Old 07-28-2019, 04:23 PM
mfi2000
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

I think your overpowering the 3.5's...if it doesnt happen at lower volumes

Last edited by mfi2000; 07-28-2019 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:05 PM
sirdano
Drifting

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts

Could you provide more details: do you hear it at all volumes or just when you push it, does it improve if you make EQ adjustments to the lower end? Could you describe what you're hearing?
HU unit at 20 only the metallica song has the weird feed back.

Did you notice any change, even if slight, after connecting the in-line highpass filters? Their positive effect should be noticeable, even if it's not dramatic. A 3½" speaker just can't handle full bandwidth audio at maximum volume the same way than a larger speaker can, so a highpass filter should improve its behavior. That's why I suggested getting the 600Hz filter as well to be able to do an A/B comparison and keep the one that provided the better results.

For the song called cemetery gates it sounds better and may be gone.

Of course it's your decision, but IMO considering all you've already done, an A/B comparison between the 2 filters shouldn't be the last straw. I would go for it.

Okay I may still order the 600hz but what do you think about disconnecting the subs to see if the 3.5 are getting the distortion? Or when the distortion happens place hand on each speaker to see which one is vibrating?

Quick Reply: C5 rear speaker volume level question w/ PAC ROEM-Vet1 adapter