Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Upgrades to a '12?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 09:49 AM
GM'er
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 62 Posts
2017 C7 of the Year Finalist

Default Upgrades to a '12?

I have been reading a lot trying to figure out how to add a backup camera to my '12, but I know there where quite a few changes to the system for 2012. Does anyone have an update, or any kind of experience on what items still work, or which parts of the FAQ still apply?

I have been looking at things like the lock pick 360, or possibly an aftermarket HU, but retaining the rest of the stock system including amp speakers, chimes, HUD, XM, ONSTAR and Bluetooth.

Thanks for any knowledge you can share.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:24 AM
ch47d1sg
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I talked to Dennis at Double D yesterday and there is a new Kenwood harness coming out that will retain all factory functionality with the new Kenwood heads. The only thing that you may lose is the NAV directions on the heads up in street mode..... Aftemarket head unit will allow you to add cameras

I did this on my 2008 that I recently sold. Worked great
Old 09-08-2012, 11:56 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by GM'er
I have been reading a lot trying to figure out how to add a backup camera to my '12, but I know there where quite a few changes to the system for 2012. Does anyone have an update, or any kind of experience on what items still work, or which parts of the FAQ still apply?

I have been looking at things like the lock pick 360, or possibly an aftermarket HU, but retaining the rest of the stock system including amp speakers, chimes, HUD, XM, ONSTAR and Bluetooth.

Thanks for any knowledge you can share.
MY two cents
The Lockpick is a wast of your 350.00
We sell these but I do everything I can to talk cusotmers out of them and going with a new radio. We have had alot of issues with the 260-2 Lockpicks
Example
Lockpick is 350.00
Kenwood 6990HD package is 999.99 for the radio, harness, dash kit and antenna adapter
Then sell your stock unit for 500.00 or whatever the max you can get for it is
if you go with the kit for 999.99
sell stock radio for 500.00
you have 499.99 into the Kenwood and more features which ends up only being 150.00 more out of pocket than having the Lockpick

This is they way to go
Old 09-08-2012, 11:58 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by ch47d1sg
I talked to Dennis at Double D yesterday and there is a new Kenwood harness coming out that will retain all factory functionality with the new Kenwood heads. The only thing that you may lose is the NAV directions on the heads up in street mode..... Aftemarket head unit will allow you to add cameras

I did this on my 2008 that I recently sold. Worked great
Preview of what Alton is talking about
THIS IS FOR THE FORD SYNC
THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET FOR THE CORVETTE
COMING SOON!

Get notified of new replies

To Upgrades to a '12?

Quick Reply: Upgrades to a '12?