Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Maestro/Kenwood C6 harness update

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Default Maestro/Kenwood C6 harness update

I received a phone call form Mark at Idatalink on Friday morning. Mark has been following all of yours and my comments here on this forum and many others in regards to talk about the Maestro for the GM radios. We had a nice conversation and he wants me to be involved to help with info to make sure this harness is going to do what we all want it to do.

We talked about the HUD and being able to retain the NAV portion in the HUD as the main featured most of you want

I mentioned a few other key items in the SW controls being fully functional, retaining stock XM, stock mic ect.

So I am trying to find someone local to them in Montreal(have posted other threads looking for someone) who can stop in with a C6(preferably a 2010-13 with stock NAV) and let them install a 5190 with the harness to do some testing and see what changes needs to be made for the software.

As things progress I will give you guys any info I can.

As I mentioned to Mark, its nice to know they are reading our comments and wanting to make sure its going to be what you guys want it to be!

Its also nice to be asked to help them out

So its in the works and coming soon.

For all of you wanting to be on a list to contact just send us an email to
devan@doubledmods.com
or myself
dennis@doubledmods.com
and we will contact you to take preorders for packages once they are ready to ship.

Dennis
Old 09-15-2012, 07:51 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

For those who do not know what the Maestro is
Is going to be the best harness option available for the C6 to upgrade to a new Kenwood.
The harness is KEnwood exclusive as well so will not be compatible with any other major brands.

Here is some info on the setup currently available for the Ford SYNC
http://maestro.idatalink.com/

Should any of you have a Ford SYNC system and want a Kenwood upgrade
We have them instock!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:12 AM
ch47d1sg
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you Dennis. Waiting patiently.....
We appreciate what you do for us!
Old 09-16-2012, 11:18 AM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Double D Mods
I received a phone call form Mark at Idatalink on Friday morning. Mark has been following all of yours and my comments here on this forum and many others in regards to talk about the Maestro for the GM radios. We had a nice conversation and he wants me to be involved to help with info to make sure this harness is going to do what we all want it to do.

We talked about the HUD and being able to retain the NAV portion in the HUD as the main featured most of you want

I mentioned a few other key items in the SW controls being fully functional, retaining stock XM, stock mic ect.

So I am trying to find someone local to them in Montreal(have posted other threads looking for someone) who can stop in with a C6(preferably a 2010-13 with stock NAV) and let them install a 5190 with the harness to do some testing and see what changes needs to be made for the software.

As things progress I will give you guys any info I can.

As I mentioned to Mark, its nice to know they are reading our comments and wanting to make sure its going to be what you guys want it to be!

Its also nice to be asked to help them out

So its in the works and coming soon.

For all of you wanting to be on a list to contact just send us an email to
devan@doubledmods.com
or myself
dennis@doubledmods.com
and we will contact you to take preorders for packages once they are ready to ship.

Dennis
dennis if i recall correctly didn't you say the maestro will only work with the 90 series radios. you just mentioned the 5190 for testing. does that mean they are trying to get the maestro to work with all the dnx series?
Old 09-16-2012, 11:22 AM
red2012
Safety Car

dennis as a matter of fact i just checked the pm you sent me last week stating the maestro will only work with the 90 series radios. now your testing it with the 5190. is this a good or bad thing. im getting confused. ron
Old 09-16-2012, 11:43 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by red2012
dennis as a matter of fact i just checked the pm you sent me last week stating the maestro will only work with the 90 series radios. now your testing it with the 5190. is this a good or bad thing. im getting confused. ron
Old 09-16-2012, 01:05 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

dennis if i recall correctly didn't you say the maestro will only work with the 90 series radios. you just mentioned the 5190 for testing. does that mean they are trying to get the maestro to work with all the dnx series?
The 5190 is a 90 series radio

http://maestro.idatalink.com/compatible-radios/

Idatalink just has 5190 units that Kenwood supplied them to work with. The main firmware is the same as the other higher end models.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:28 PM
red2012
Safety Car

The 5190 is a 90 series radio

http://maestro.idatalink.com/compatible-radios/

Idatalink just has 5190 units that Kenwood supplied them to work with. The main firmware is the same as the other higher end models.
my fault. i thought the 90 series meant kenwoods that begin with 9's like the 9990 not end in 90. i must have had brain lock at the time.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:31 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Originally Posted by markcz
yea mark my reply must have sounded cuckoo at the time. don't know what i was thinking!
Old 01-03-2013, 02:01 AM
XPLOSYV
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i know it has been over 3 months but are there any updates?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
ac6
Advanced

Originally Posted by XPLOSYV
i know it has been over 3 months but are there any updates?
Don't count on it.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Yes, Dennis posted some updates...

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/audi...vaporware.html

Yes its coming.
The Ford SYNC version was delayed about 6 months causing more delays for the GM version

The newer class II version for GM will be shipping shortly. The Corvette version will follow after. GM put an entirely different and older version of the radio into the C6 so it will take some new programming. After CES Idatalink is coming to our place and we will be handling to set up of the Maestro for our C6's

We will be able to program all SW controls
song info to HUD
control NPP via SW controls.
The NAV in HUD will not happen to the 2014 units from Kenwood as Garmin and Kenwood will have to change the firmware to work with what GM has.
We will also be able to retain the stock Sat radio tuner
and there is a reverse signal connection for rear camera

This harness will only work with the 2012 90 series radios from Kenwood and the new series for 2013

We will have these new harness options available for all our customers who have purchased radios from us or will be purchasing a radio and will include the directions from our time with Idatalink for install. We will not be shipping harness only out to customers who have not purchased a 90 series or the new series being released in a couple weeks from Double D Mods. There is select authorized dealers for the Idatalink harness and we are one of them.
The HUD interface is a major disappointment for me personally. If you call or email Dennis, he will put you on a list for the harness when/if they become available. Personally, I am not sure if it is worth the expected price of a couple of hundred bucks without the HUD. But I would like to hear the experiences of others that install it, what works and what does not work, before I buy once it is no longer vaporware.

Last edited by Flame Red; 01-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:51 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Will be sometime soon. I will not be posting anything more till we have it all worked out with Idatalink and release dates. Seems to many of you want to get all upset with me on this and sending me some real nasty messages. I dont like to receive these and decided to eliminate updates and I am just not going to tell anyone the things we are working on with them.

Problem is as I have mentioned many times GM screwed everyone and put the oldest version of the Class II radio in the 2005-13 Corvette and this harness version is not the first on the list for GM products. The new cars are first and then the one for the C6 and other older Class II models. Because of this also is the reason for no NAV in HUD.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:58 PM
XPLOSYV
Racer

Sorry to hear that sir...I'm just getting here and came in on the tail end of some unnecessary drama! Everyone speaks highly of you from what ive seen so don't let the minority of buttheads get to you. Thank you for what you've done already!
Old 01-06-2013, 03:05 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by XPLOSYV
Sorry to hear that sir...I'm just getting here and came in on the tail end of some unnecessary drama! Everyone speaks highly of you from what ive seen so don't let the minority of buttheads get to you. Thank you for what you've done already!
Its all good. and thanks for the appreciation

It just seems some people like to send me messages complaining to me on how long it is taking to get something like this done, call me a liar for sharing info/time frame as it is told to me and not realizing delays happen on projects. Many factors go into something like this.

Funny part is they want a harness for a radio and all details/info and they didnt even purchase the radio from Double D Mods

Last edited by Double D Mods; 01-06-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:21 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Too many vendors around here promise too many things are "right around the corner" that never make it past the prototype stage. If they would just admit that they couldn't deliver what they had promised then we could all move on, but most just ignore the threads they started (one is just a few below this one). I can't remember anything Dennis ever said was coming that didn't eventually get here.

I have an old x920BT that I'm just itching to install in my 2012, but I'm holding out for the new Kenwood info before I do. I'm 95% sure I'll install the Pioneer regardless, but there just may be an "I gotta have that" feature. Dennis says he'll fill us in on Tuesday, and I'm sure he will
Old 01-06-2013, 05:47 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Will be sometime soon. I will not be posting anything more till we have it all worked out with Idatalink and release dates. Seems to many of you want to get all upset with me on this and sending me some real nasty messages. I dont like to receive these and decided to eliminate updates and I am just not going to tell anyone the things we are working on with them.

Problem is as I have mentioned many times GM screwed everyone and put the oldest version of the Class II radio in the 2005-13 Corvette and this harness version is not the first on the list for GM products. The new cars are first and then the one for the C6 and other older Class II models. Because of this also is the reason for no NAV in HUD.
Dennis don't listen to those idiots. i for one like talking to you and i always look forward to your updates. i am also holding out for the maestro and or a C7 to replace my '12 coupe. its going to be one or the other. i understand delays sometimes happen on the development of new products and we don't live in a perfect world.Don't let us suffer for the actions of a few misguided individuals as i am looking forward for your next maestro update.

Get notified of new replies

To Maestro/Kenwood C6 harness update

Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 PM
ac6
Advanced

Dennis don't listen to those idiots. i for one like talking to you and i always look forward to your updates. i am also holding out for the maestro and or a C7 to replace my '12 coupe. its going to be one or the other. i understand delays sometimes happen on the development of new products and we don't live in a perfect world.Don't let us suffer for the actions of a few misguided individuals as i am looking forward for your next maestro update.
Thanks Dennis for trying to get Idatalink to put the C6 on the front burner and please keep us updated. The frustration is not targeted to you personally. Please don't take it that way.
You could have easily sold me a system months ago but were nice enough to give me the heads up that a better interface was coming. I am surprised that they would work on the new models before the older ones.
You would think that they could sell more to the older radio technology crowd than the Ford Sync crowd. I think it will be worth the wait but its frustrating. I cant wait to get a Kenwood installed.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:16 AM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by ac6
Thanks Dennis for trying to get Idatalink to put the C6 on the front burner and please keep us updated. The frustration is not targeted to you personally. Please don't take it that way.
You could have easily sold me a system months ago but were nice enough to give me the heads up that a better interface was coming. I am surprised that they would work on the new models before the older ones.
You would think that they could sell more to the older radio technology crowd than the Ford Sync crowd. I think it will be worth the wait but its frustrating. I cant wait to get a Kenwood installed.

There is more cars on the road with the SYNC than any other 1 particular manufacturers radio.
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 PM
NOMRW8NG
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dennis,

Is the Maestro unit available for the C6 now? I thought I saw you mention it in a different thread.

Larry

Quick Reply: Maestro/Kenwood C6 harness update