Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just wondering if you think this is a good deal

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Just wondering if you think this is a good deal

I'm going to pick up my screen this afternoon, its the new kenwood dvd tv tuner cdplayer touchscreen, i think the model # is 911-dvd or something, i have always wanted one, but at their prices it was never really practical. However a friend of a friend happens to be the regional trainer at car toys, so i am getting it a $900 plus tax when it goes for ~$2700 retail. Even though my car is in the shop, i know this opportunity wont last long, so i decided to drop the hammer. I just hope i will get some use out of the thing. Anyone else have experience with a screen in their vette? Is it worth it, how much do you use it, is it really distracting at night? things like this are all going through my head right now. Also if anyone knows are you able to play cds with the monitor retracted. My parents would kill me if they knew that i bought this.. :D

[Modified by Wheelman, 12:47 PM 7/15/2002]
Old 07-15-2002, 04:24 PM
_Nomad_
Team Owner

Location: Frankenstein never scared me. Marsupials do, because they're fassst…and they DART, THAT'S crazy!
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16'-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23
-'24

Default Re: Just wondering if you think this is a good deal (Wheelman)

The fact that you have to hide the purchase from your parents tells me you should pass on buying the screen and save that money to invest in your future. ;)

It’s a nice screen but something else will come up that you will want/need more, I guarantee it. :yesnod:
Old 07-15-2002, 05:45 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Just wondering if you think this is a good deal (The^Nomad)

its not really that i have to hide it because i am doing something bad or that i dont have enough money, its that they would think its stupid to buy a tv for your car. Even though the damn 740 has a nav. screen in it :rolleyes: . Its something that i have always wanted, and its all my money so im gettin it ! :D Part of the reason im so iffy about it is that it is probably the biggest purchase i have ever made that wasnt my car or a car repair
Old 07-15-2002, 06:36 PM
ZippoMan
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Just wondering if you think this is a good deal (Wheelman)

Where can I get one for $900!!! Cheapest prices I see are around $1800.

:cheers: :cheers:
Old 07-15-2002, 06:40 PM
Wheelman
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Just wondering if you think this is a good deal (ZippoMan)

well im getting it through someone who is getting it at cost, which is the only way i would ever buy it, 2500 is ridiculous. Best advice would be to find a friend in the car audio business and get him to get it for you. Pays to know people ! Wish i could get more at that price, because i would buy about 10 and sell em.

Get notified of new replies

To Just wondering if you think this is a good deal

Quick Reply: Just wondering if you think this is a good deal