Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Some albums on USB key in random order

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Jim Rogers
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Some albums on USB key in random order

Hi--

Searched the forum and the manuals and can't find an answer.

Have a '13 c6 GS, with stock nav unit. I have an 8 gb usb key that has about 20 albums on it. For about 1/3 of those albums, the song list comes up in a random order, for the other 2/3 of the albums the song order is correct.

The ones that come up in the wrong order are always in the same (wrong) order. If I open that USB key on the computer, all the song's track number tags are correct, and in the 'vette it does show the correct track number.

However, the songs (correctly labeled for track) will not be in the correct track order.

If I use that exact USB on any other player (stereo, computer) all 20 albums have all tracks in the correct order.

Any information for me on this?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2014, 06:39 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 132 Likes on 114 Posts

Plug the drive into a computer, open one of the folders so you can look at the MP3 files, right click on one and select properties.

Compare the info for an album that appears in the proper order with one that doesn't, if you're lucky it will be obvious (like the # not being there, or not all MP3's being assigned to the same album).
Old 04-07-2014, 08:54 PM
tbrowne
Pro

Received 100 Likes on 83 Posts

You need a program to sort the files on your drive. Some units play the music in the order that it was written to the device, called arrival sequence, and others sort the music alphabetically or numerically the way you probably see the file on a computer. I use a program called DriveSort that can sort the files on the USB in a number of different ways. Find the program at the link below - it's free but the author does ask for a donation if you like the program.

http://www.anerty.net/software/file/DriveSort/

Get notified of new replies

To Some albums on USB key in random order

Quick Reply: Some albums on USB key in random order