Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Valentine 1 Radar Detector Story - Extremely Unsatisfied

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 05:40 PM
Vet Interested
Le Mans Master

Received 2,093 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Also, and this was a big help for me, check out some of the radar detector forums. Those guys are really into it and can fix you up.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:25 AM
Vortex Radar
Heel & Toe

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bartsky
I am running 3.864 version an it is singing. I turned off X band, what else should I do?
3.864 is an older version. The best thing to do is to send it in to be upgraded. It will bring you two primary benefits:

1) You can enable the new Junk K Fighter which does a great job at filtering out false alerts from many nearby cars with blind spot monitoring systems.

2) Buy the Bluetooth module and pair it to your phone. There's third party apps available, V1Driver for iOS and YaV1 for Android, which will learn all the stationary false alerts you'll encounter from drugstore automatic door openers and speed signs on the side of the road. It will remember where those are located and tell your V1 to keep itself quiet when it comes across a known false alert.

Those'll handle both moving and stationary false alerts for you. There's other benefits too like you can enable custom sweeps to improve the performance and so on.

If you google around, there's tutorials available to help you set it all up and program it.

With an older V1 though, unfortunately your options are very limited.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:48 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 922 Likes on 614 Posts

X band is mostly useless now, and K band is getting there. Junk K Fighter is basically a "delay" in the K band getting broadcast to you. Since most false alarms are a BANG of full on radar that's how they filter. The problem is if the cops in your area use POP you are basically screwed as the detector won't catch those in time.

Someone mentioned turning laser off, which you can do, as laser is basically for information only, 90% of the time you're already nailed (unless you get a lucky lucky bounce or its a false alarm).
Old 08-25-2017, 06:21 PM
corvetteflier
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Still...the response from Valentine himself was extremely poor customer relations. I'll stick with Passports...

Quick Reply: Valentine 1 Radar Detector Story - Extremely Unsatisfied