Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Underbody Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2017, 09:51 AM
jmeirhofer
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Underbody Lighting

I would like to put underbody lighting on my C6 but want to find out if there is a way to make it a walk up light. My wife's Infinity Q50 has the feature where the courtesy lights, including underbody come on when you are about 10' away. Since the C6 can recognize the fob is near to lock or unlock the door, there has to be a power out somewhere that could turn on the courtesy lights when you get close.

Has anyone attempted this or successfully deployed it?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:02 PM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

wire the underbody lights to a relay that is triggered by unlock.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:37 PM
jmeirhofer
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 45 Posts

Hi Jimmy. I had thought about doing that already. The courtesy light circuit is wired that way now. I could just tap into that. What I am wondering is if someone has located the circuit that tells the car a fob is present. That could trigger underbody lights as well.

I rarely get my keys from my pocket since they are not needed to unlock the car. Like I said my wifes infiniti has all the courtesy lights, including the underbody lights, come on about 10' away with the fob. That is what I am hoping to do.

Get notified of new replies

To Underbody Lighting

Quick Reply: Underbody Lighting