Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C4 Radio Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 11:52 AM
LuminaMan93
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 Radio Issues

Hey Guys,

I'm a newbie when it comes to car electronics and I'm looking for some help.

First let me start with a little background information. When I first got the car I would get a handful of stations, but everything else was static. At the time, the antenna ribbon was broken so I figured that was the reason behind only a few stations working and the static. Eventually the few stations I got stopped working all together. I replaced the ribbon in the antenna and got it working properly. However, it didn't fix the problem with the radio. When I turned the radio on it would light up and the antenna would go up, but I wouldn't get any sound. Not even any static. However, for the last year or so nothing works. When I turn the radio on, the antenna doesn't go up and the radio doesn't light up or turn on.

I've been doing some research on the forum and decided I'm going to go with an aftermarket head unit and bypass the CDM receiver under the glove box. I want to replace the stock speakers as well. While I'm saving up for and deciding what head unit and speakers to go with I decided to order the Metra 70-1857 wiring harness since I will need that anyway.

In the meantime I had an old pioneer head unit laying around so I decided to try and hook that up with the new wiring harness and see what I was dealing with. I was able to hook everything up into the back of the head unit and I connected the wires that went into the CDM receiver into the new harness. The only thing I couldn't figure out was what plugs into the the antenna wire. I'm not sure where that should be plugged into by the CDM receiver. Even without that plugged in, the radio lights up and works. The antenna goes up when the radio is turned on. And there is sound coming from all the speakers. However, the sound is very low and the radio has to be turned all the way up to even hear it.

My questions are:
1. What plugs into the antenna wire and where is it located?
2. Any ideas what could be causing the low sound even though the volume is maxed out? Or how to fix it?
3. What do I do with the 5 feet of wiring for the Metra harness? It doesn't look like there would be enough room to conceal it behind the head unit or under the glove box?

Any help is appreciated!

- Frank

Quick Reply: C4 Radio Issues