Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sony xav-ax100 slow boot up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:21 AM
blackcrow64
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Sony xav-ax100 slow boot up?

Wondering if anyone else is running the Sony XAV-AX100 in their vettes?

Sometimes it starts up right away with the car and other times it takes minutes before it begins to even boot up. Has anyone else experienced this?

Other than this issue, it has been a great head unit so far!
Old 07-22-2017, 09:45 PM
stuckMTB
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just installed mine today, so I've only got very limited experience with it so far. First time it fired right up, and the second time it definitely took a minute. Third time was fine though, so 60% of the time it works every time?

Does your car have steering wheel controls and if so did you get yours to work?
Old 12-31-2017, 02:38 PM
CrvtBB
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 76 Posts

Probably late to the party, but I just installed mine a couple of days ago (so far really like the HU) and it seems it takes longer to startup based on what your last source selection was. Tuner it fires up right away. For BT or USB, it seems to take a few more seconds to load up. The difference is pretty minimal though and I appreciate it starting where I left off.
Old 01-07-2018, 04:08 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by CrvtBB
Probably late to the party, but I just installed mine a couple of days ago (so far really like the HU) and it seems it takes longer to startup based on what your last source selection was. Tuner it fires up right away. For BT or USB, it seems to take a few more seconds to load up. The difference is pretty minimal though and I appreciate it starting where I left off.
are you using a usb 2.0 drive? that could be the issue. slow bandwidth especially if there are a lot of songs on it
Old 01-16-2018, 09:40 AM
dproto09
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone, a few questions for you audio gurus. I placed a order through crutchfield and was unhappy with the alpine radio single din I received and I am going to do a return.

I noticed the Sony XAV ax100 has a single din chassis with a double din face. I'm not sure if you understand what I mean by this.
1. can you installed this sony without having to remove the top metal shelf/bracket. ?
2. if you had to remove it, what did you find as the easier way to remove the bracket.?
3. When you installed the radio, I have axxess 2004xvi harness. I noticed I lost some bass from the front subs at 3/4 of the gain. I was told to set at 3/4 and not to go higher. if I set the gain higher I noticed the bass coming from the front sub. how high are you guys setting the gain?
Thanks

Get notified of new replies

To Sony xav-ax100 slow boot up?

Quick Reply: Sony xav-ax100 slow boot up?