Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Kenwood 9903s dimmer issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 01:28 AM
fireparamed
Advanced

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Kenwood 9903s dimmer issue

So I just bought and had a Kenwood 9903s installed in my 2005 with bose as a replacement for the OEM nav system.

Everything seems to work except the screen doesn't dim no matter what setting I use. I've tried sync with the headlights, on and off and I can't see any change. Before I take it back to the installer and have them tear it apart does anyone on here have the same setup and it works and is noticeably different in screen brightness when the dim feature is working?

Also, I had a rear camera installed which comes on whenever I'm in park, but I can't get it to turn on with the button that says cam when I'm not in park. Is that a feature that shoukd work as well or is it for if you don't have it hooked up to the reverse function?

Lastly, has anyone been able to change the splash screen? I have changed the background to custom but I can't seem to change the splash/start up screen. I've tried the online helps but can't seem to get it right.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kyle
Old 12-20-2017, 11:02 AM
VinceC5
Melting Slicks

Received 367 Likes on 282 Posts

1. They didn't hook up the dimmer wire on radio harness.
2. They probably got power to the camera from the reverse lights. If you want it to also work with the button, then you need to run power from the radio ignition (red) wire.

Quick Reply: Kenwood 9903s dimmer issue