Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with White noise/static

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 04:52 PM
turbo1k
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Need help with White noise/static

2006 Z06 with a Kenwood radio. The radio was in the car when I bought it. The wife bought me a new Kenwood touch screen for Christmas so I figured now would be a good time to fix the issue. The car has Bose from the factory, no steering wheel controls,and onstar is not used. As far as I know only the headunit was replaced.

What I know about the problem.
No static when radio is off.
Does not seem to increase with volume.
Is present with the new headunit also.
No change when using the balance or fade function.

Any info is appreciated.

Steve

Last edited by turbo1k; 01-06-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:38 AM
turbo1k
Racer

After reading all night on wiring and possible cause I figured I'd play around with it this morning.

First thing I noticed is the 12v was run outside the harness and it looked like the radio harness was wired into the factory connector. I also noticed there were no door chimes. Since I was limited to options on a Sunday I headed over to Walmart and picked up a Scosche GM2000A hoping this would restore my door chime and fix the static sound.

The door chime was fix but I still have my static. If I leave the Blue with a white strip( P.CONT) disconnected I have no sound or static. From reading it looks like the PAC harness is the way to go. Not sure if that will fix my problem.

I also read in the stickies that a ground loop isolater will help. All the ones I see have RCA jacks on them so I'm not sure how that would work.

I added a few pic of the original harness and the new Scosche one.

Forgot to mention this is with ACC on, the car isn't running.

Steve
Attached Images   

Last edited by turbo1k; 01-07-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:06 PM
turbo1k
Racer

After speaking with tech support over at PAC he recommended one of his harnesses (RP3-GM11)that used rca outputs instead of the speaker wire. I ordered one yesterday and hopefully it fixes my problems. Walmart also took my my Scosche unit that didn't work without any questions.

Steve
Old 01-15-2018, 12:15 PM
danzio56
Racer

Received 104 Likes on 90 Posts

I just installed a new HU in my 2010 GS over the weekend. Upon initial hookup I had a very faint static coming from my rt. front speaker. I simply re-wired the two speaker wires in the PAC adapter and it cleared it up perfectly. However my Chime module is not working so I have that issue to deal with.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help with White noise/static

Quick Reply: Need help with White noise/static