Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C7: wiring door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 09:28 PM
JordonMusser
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Default C7: wiring door speakers

so it appears the 8" woofer and the tweeter are on the same amp channel and have a passive cross over. So you run my new active 3 way setup I need to run new wire to the tweeter and 8" sub to bypass the cross over.

Any pro tips for getting wires passed through the rubber tube b/w door and car? Ive done it many times on other cars but the pass through is pretty far up the door and hard to get through from kick panel.

Alternatively, anybody know where the factory xover is? Maybe I can deal with the issue there and not have to run new wires into door
Old 02-25-2018, 10:52 PM
JordonMusser
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Welp, nevermind. Long day. fired up the brain this morning and it was actually pretty easy to get the wire run.

All solved!
Old 02-14-2021, 09:13 PM
Motorcity C7
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running C7 New Door Speaker Wires

Originally Posted by JordonMusser
Welp, nevermind. Long day. fired up the brain this morning and it was actually pretty easy to get the wire run.

All solved!
Jordan, were you able to run your speaker wire inside the rubber wire loom with the rest of the harness wires or did you run it outside of it. The end that is attached to the door doesn’t appear to have an opening. I would have to cut it to get the speaker wire in it. I can pass the wire under it and get it into the door, but I can’t get it into the harness with the rest of the wires. What is everyone doing? I would appreciate the help. Thanks
Old 03-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Reggie927
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

What did you do? Im working in the same issue
Old 03-24-2021, 06:04 PM
Motorcity C7
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie927
What did you do? Im working in the same issue

I went underneath the bottom of both grommets and wrapped the speaker wire in black Tessa tape. I could have put a hole in the grommets and ran it inside the grommet, but it made no sense to do it to me.

Get notified of new replies

To C7: wiring door speakers

Quick Reply: C7: wiring door speakers