Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Alpine ILX-107 and SWC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 09:46 PM
mikejsmith1985
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Alpine ILX-107 and SWC?

Hello,I installed my ilx-107 this week end I have an 07 base 3LT coupe with Bose and everything is operational except the SWC. I’ve tried 2 different crux units and talked with tech support. There is no wiring issue according to crutchfield’s Info.

The Alpine unit has a plug off the back with 2 3.5mm female jacks 1 “mic” 1 “Steering Remote” the SWC wire from the CRUX plugs into the “steering remote” and all dipswitches are in the off position.

Is anyone aware of another step that is needed? It all worked fine without anything else on my kenwood 7704s unit. But felt like it was worth asking since it is a different manufacturer.

I appreciate any any help you can provide and I apologize if this has been answered and my searches didn’t turn up the thread.

Thanks!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:09 PM
XX
XX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by mikejsmith1985
Hello,I installed my ilx-107 this week end I have an 07 base 3LT coupe with Bose and everything is operational except the SWC. I’ve tried 2 different crux units and talked with tech support. There is no wiring issue according to crutchfield’s Info.

The Alpine unit has a plug off the back with 2 3.5mm female jacks 1 “mic” 1 “Steering Remote” the SWC wire from the CRUX plugs into the “steering remote” and all dipswitches are in the off position.

Is anyone aware of another step that is needed? It all worked fine without anything else on my kenwood 7704s unit. But felt like it was worth asking since it is a different manufacturer.

I appreciate any any help you can provide and I apologize if this has been answered and my searches didn’t turn up the thread.

Thanks!
Just out of curiosity did you get a adapter or have one with the previous like a PAC RP5-GM11. Sorry I just seen CRUX plugs so you must have the Crux CS-GMC2

Last edited by XX; 06-04-2018 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 10:20 PM
mikejsmith1985
Advanced

Originally Posted by XX
Just out of curiosity did you get a adapter or have one with the previous like a PAC RP5-GM11
I tried to go super simple on this and I got the wiring harness pre assembled from Crutchfield. So I’m using the CRUX CS-GMC2 wiring interface and the Crutchfield ready harness service so the alpine wiring harness was already wired into the Crux unit when it arrived. Plug one end into the headunit and the other into the factory wiring harness and it’s pretty much done. I also wired in a MicroBypass unit and a rear view camera so there were a few extra steps. But having 3 toddlers I knew my install time would be limited and I didn’t want to rush anything.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:09 PM
mikejsmith1985
Advanced

Default Resolved

so I found while cleaning up today that in the box was a second set of wires for the SWC it is in fact using different pins than the other. Hooked it up and voila! It’s working. Not sure if anyone else will run into this but simple solution 👍

Get notified of new replies

To Alpine ILX-107 and SWC?

Quick Reply: Alpine ILX-107 and SWC?