Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Backup camera and Usb outlet in c6 options

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 01:13 PM
VFRLuke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Backup camera and Usb outlet in c6 options

Hello guys, I'm sure a million questions have been asked about swapping out a receiver.

I'm planning on installing a kenwood 9904s and I was curious about where you guys might have purchased a cable to mount a USB socket in the console for android auto?

Also since the receiver has the capability I'd like to add a backup camera and possibly a front camera. I see there are lots of license plate frames that have them built in, but I have the nice color matched plate frame and I think it may look better mounted above the license plate. Is there a good link to a decent camera that mounts well there and will interface with one of the kenwood units?

Just trying to get the shopping part out of the way.

Thanks in advance
Luke
Old 06-07-2018, 08:24 AM
89Roadster
Race Director

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by VFRLuke
Hello guys, I'm sure a million questions have been asked about swapping out a receiver.

I'm planning on installing a kenwood 9904s and I was curious about where you guys might have purchased a cable to mount a USB socket in the console for android auto?

Also since the receiver has the capability I'd like to add a backup camera and possibly a front camera. I see there are lots of license plate frames that have them built in, but I have the nice color matched plate frame and I think it may look better mounted above the license plate. Is there a good link to a decent camera that mounts well there and will interface with one of the kenwood units?

Just trying to get the shopping part out of the way.

Thanks in advance
Luke
I just bought USB extension cables from Ebay and ran them beside the shifter and into the console. I notched little places for the cables to enter and put a USB cable for playing music off a thumb drive and an Android cable to charge and/or play music from the phone.

I've got a Pioneer stereo so I bought a Pioneer camera but the universal Kenwood cameras look like they mount the same way as the Pioneer. I've got mine mounted above the license plate with the 2-sided tape that comes with the camera.
The following users liked this post:
VFRLuke (06-07-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 02:33 PM
VFRLuke
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89Roadster
I just bought USB extension cables from Ebay and ran them beside the shifter and into the console. I notched little places for the cables to enter and put a USB cable for playing music off a thumb drive and an Android cable to charge and/or play music from the phone.

I've got a Pioneer stereo so I bought a Pioneer camera but the universal Kenwood cameras look like they mount the same way as the Pioneer. I've got mine mounted above the license plate with the 2-sided tape that comes with the camera.
Thanks for the reply, the kenwood comes with some USB extension cables, but I'm not sure if they have any way of mounting them. i might just get it and have a look before I make any purchases.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:10 PM
89Roadster
Race Director

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by VFRLuke
Thanks for the reply, the kenwood comes with some USB extension cables, but I'm not sure if they have any way of mounting them. i might just get it and have a look before I make any purchases.
This is how I did it. 1 USB, 1 Android cable.

Old 06-08-2018, 10:22 AM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 212 Likes on 184 Posts

This dual USB3 makes a neat install.
But check your mounting location as it is a larger diameter than a lighter hole.

Amazon Amazon

Also single USB in a similar mount.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by jrprich; 06-08-2018 at 10:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
VFRLuke (06-21-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Backup camera and Usb outlet in c6 options

Quick Reply: Backup camera and Usb outlet in c6 options