Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Viper alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 06:15 PM
J.T. Burroughs
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viper alarm system

Wanted an opinion on adding a Viper alarm system in my 1999 C5 Corvette. I am new to the Forum and looking forward to correspondence. Plan to travel in my C5 and occasionally going home to a big city. Wanted to add the Viper alarm system, with a 2way remote for more piece of mind. Have had my C5 Corvette since April, 2018 ,with 22,000 miles. Great find for me and garage kept. Again your opinion on adding the Viper as opposed to the factory installed security system.
Thanks
J.T.Burroughs
Old 08-28-2018, 04:23 PM
c345vette
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

the viper 5706v 2 way security system is the was to go
it will work in conjunction with the factory unit.
the 2 way remote is rechargeable
very good range
has starter disable and shock sensor
you will have keyless entry ,rear hatch release and you could also hook up the gas door to pop open.
if you do not wish the remote start aspect just tell the installer not to hook up that part.
The following users liked this post:
J.T. Burroughs (08-29-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 08:04 PM
J.T. Burroughs
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. The Viper alarm I bought is the 3305V. I think the difference is it does not come with the remote start but everything else is the same. I didn't know about the gas door unlock. I wanted something that would be an upgrade from the factory alarm. My main concern is what I've heard about problems with after market alarms malfunctioning and not being able to start the engine.
Thanks again for your response.
Old 02-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Jake Welder
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you ever get your viper installed. Any problems after installation. I just bought a 2002 c5 with a viper alarm installed and it seems to be causing battery drain. Interested to hear your report.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Jimmy 2 Times
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

don't cut the starter wire! Cut the starter kill relay off the viper and put it in your tool box. The car has steering wheel lock and passkey, starter kill not needed

Get notified of new replies

To Viper alarm system

Quick Reply: Viper alarm system