Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

'93 Double DIN Radio Support Bracket Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 06:21 PM
Galaxie500XL
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default '93 Double DIN Radio Support Bracket Removal

All;

I'm in the process of installing a Pioneer AVH-4400NEX in my 1993 Corvette. I've already mocked everything up electrically, the Metra harness that came with my radio interfaces with the CDM box behind the passenger seat, and the sound from the remaining Bose amp/speakers is surprisingly good.

Anyhow, I have to cut the radio support bracket out in order to have enough clearance for the massive stereo to have enough depth. There's a yellow device (likely airbag component) clipped to the passenger side of the bracket I'm needing to remove.

What component is that, and would there be an issue of say Velcroing the device nearby, and maintaining it's original orientation?

I'd hate to set off an airbag--or worse accidently disable one.
Old 09-14-2018, 06:27 PM
Galaxie500XL
Advanced

Pardon the mess...at this point, I simply mocked up the system to verify no wiring issues before I start hiding wires, and finishing up the install.

Radio support bracket

Starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 09-16-2018, 10:11 AM
Galaxie500XL
Advanced

Almost there...

Old 09-16-2018, 06:49 PM
VenkmanP
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Galaxie500XL
What component is that, and would there be an issue of say Velcroing the device nearby, and maintaining it's original orientation?
Accelerometer.

You should be able to find old threads about relocating it. Check this forum, racing forum, and C4 tech.

IIRC people have moved it without apparent trouble but it's the kind of thing I wouldn't want to take a chance on.
The following users liked this post:
Galaxie500XL (09-18-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 02:45 PM
Galaxie500XL
Advanced

Almost finished. I’m going to have to slightly trim the dash plate to prevent it from rubbing on the stereo faceplate when loading CD’s or removing the stereo display.

Get notified of new replies

To '93 Double DIN Radio Support Bracket Removal

Quick Reply: '93 Double DIN Radio Support Bracket Removal