Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

bypassing the factory stereo setup-help

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:47 PM
brentsz06
Racer

Received 102 Likes on 64 Posts
Default bypassing the factory stereo setup-help

Ok, so let me start out by saying I used the hell out of the search tab and google and I still feel like I haven't found an answer. the car in question is an 06 C6Z, all factory speakers, upgraded head-unit. Ive noticed that the way the car is setup, the dash speaker receives a full signal, the rears receive a full signal, but the doors are set up like a component system using a large 10in woofer and 3.5 tweeter. I have a sub in the trunk to add low notes but the stereo system lacks mids/full signal in the front. I want to disconnect the dash speaker and remove it from the car but I know once I do I will really lose clarity. I want to run an aftermarket 6.5 in the doors with but my question first it: how do I get a full signal to that woofer? even if I wanted to put a component setup in the doors, the factory system is only sending low freq's to the woofer. is my only option to rewire the front? I looked behind the aftermarket HU and discovered a rats nest of wires and a blue box feeding wires to my deck. im guessing on star? I don't have on star in the car, can I bypass this? does someone have a wire diagram so I can just bypass this box and send the front speaker output signal from the deck to the door woofers so that I can then wire up a speaker configuration of my choosing without running all new wires? im lost and very disappointed in GM's audio setup. thanks in advance.

side note: regardless of how I set my EQ my highs are too high and my lows are too low that's all I really hear in the car. the rear speakers are working fine, but they cant make up for the sound in the front that's missing. theres no middle ground. I basically want to bypass the factory amp without having to run all new wires or adding an aftermarket amp to power the cars speakers. I feel the aftermarket deck that I have should provide enough sound volume for my listening needs.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:41 AM
Pb82 Ronin
Le Mans Master

Received 942 Likes on 686 Posts

Hey man, does the box look something like this: https://www.corvettemods.com/C6-Corv...n_p_18126.html or this: https://www.crutchfield.com/S-TtEZwW...Interface.html ?
Old 09-28-2018, 11:02 AM
daverulz
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

What do you have for a head-unit? Chances are the blue box is the interface for the aftermarket head unit and the OEM system, as Pb82 Ronin notes. You could theoretically bypass that interface and use the speaker or preamp outputs from your head unit to run the speakers in the doors directly. I'm not super knowledgeable on the newer systems, but I think you would risk losing some warning chimes if you did that.

Get notified of new replies

To bypassing the factory stereo setup-help

Quick Reply: bypassing the factory stereo setup-help