Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Will 7inch Motorized Face of Pioneer work With Metra Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 08:05 PM
saxtech
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Will 7inch Motorized Face of Pioneer work With Metra Bezel

Hello....
I have a 99 C5 and want to upgrade the Head Unit.
I have my eye on the Pioneer AVH-2300NEX with a MOTORIZED Face.
Amazon Amazon

I also have plans to buy the entire Metra Bezel Kit with the interface module so I can continue to use the factory Bose Speakers with the Pioneer:
Amazon Amazon

MY CONCERN is whether or not the Pioneer AVH-2300NEX with a MOTORIZED Face will have enough space to operate correctly. Is the Opening large enough for a 7 Inch Motorized Face ?

Just a FYI..... In case you are wondering why I chose this Head Unit, it is because of price and features so I can use my Android Phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 4) and get Navigation and Bluetooth connectivity for $300. My Girlfriend said she will allow me $300 for my birthday present. Do you guys know of a better 7 Inch head unit I should consider with Navigation from my Android phone for $300 ?

Last edited by saxtech; 02-11-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2019, 04:33 PM
saxtech
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ttt
Old 02-13-2019, 11:47 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

I just completed an install on a Sony XAV-712HD, it has a 7" motorized face. I bought the Metra 95-3304 Kit and the face plate would not operate correctly, once it opened for a CD or DVD when it went to close it would just continue to open and close over and over. I searched YouTube and found a video where the guy took a razor knife and slowly scrapped the bottom opening to make it a litter bigger. I did what he said and everything works correctly. You cannot even see that i had made an adjustment.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:48 AM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default video

here is the video.

Old 02-17-2019, 01:02 AM
Mr31FlavorsVette
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Hmmm, glad I saw this as I was just about to order one because of the following problem I had trying to install my Pioneer Avic-8400 Nex.

After waiting a month for my install appointment to finally arrive, my installer ran into a few problems. The plastic brackets that came with the Vettenuts bezel cracked when he screwed them onto the HU rendering them useless. Btw, there were no instructions on how to assemble the brackets to the HU, which seemed easy enough to do, but the brackets didn't fit the way you would logically expect them to fit.

Half way thru the install, the installer test fit the HU to the bezel only to discover that, although it appeared to fit great, the bottom of the bezel didn't clear the bottom of the HU enough to allow the face plate to open to get to the DVD or memory card slot.

He said he's installed a couple Metra bezel in C5's and never had this problem. I wasn't about to start shaving any material off the bezel in case it still wouldn't fit and then I wouldn't be able to return it.

Wasted 8hrs today and very disappointed. Unfortunately, his first available appointment isn't until March 8th so we can try it again...

Last edited by Mr31FlavorsVette; 02-23-2019 at 12:47 AM.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:30 PM
jrprich
Le Mans Master

Received 213 Likes on 185 Posts

When I installed my Kenwood DD in my 03 using a Vettenuts bezel I had a similar issue with the motorized face.
Using a razor blade or knife can easily go bad. One slip can easily cut too deep. That is why I just used a sandpaper block with fine sandpaper which is more accurate and easier IMO. Took a few trial fits but worked out just fine for my install.

Amazon Amazon

BTW, my plastic Vettenuts brackets also broke as I suspected they would. I ended up making my own brackets from stock metal angle brackets like used in construction. Not pretty but will never be seen and are very strong.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:57 PM
Mr31FlavorsVette
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 52 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Finally got my Pioneer HU installed. I followed the directions demonstrated in the 5 Star video and it was very easy to shave material from the bezel using a sharp utility knife. It looks and works great now, even my installer was impressed and wanted to know what special tool I used to trim it. When I showed him, he was surprised...
Old 04-21-2019, 08:58 PM
bahamallama
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I installed a pioneer avid 8200 next with a metra kit and moulding and no issues.

Get notified of new replies

To Will 7inch Motorized Face of Pioneer work With Metra Bezel

Quick Reply: Will 7inch Motorized Face of Pioneer work With Metra Bezel