Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

C5 Door Speakers, yet again

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2019, 10:42 AM
cvitullo
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 Door Speakers, yet again

I know I have seen this question answered but I cannot find it, my question is about replacing the door speakers only.
I have a Sony Head unit (MEX-GS620BT) and a Dual 10" sub, sounds great but my drivers side door speakers went out, can I purchase a mount (I saw someone here posted a kit) and new speakers using the original wiring?
sorry for
Old 04-06-2019, 02:41 PM
GCG
Melting Slicks

Received 725 Likes on 577 Posts

Just to make sure we are on the same page, I remember from a previous thread that your C5 has a new headunit installed with a PAC ROEM-VET1 keeping the rest of the system intact. Now you mention that it also has a Dual 10" Sub. Is that in addition to the OEM speakers?

When you say your driver's side door speakers went out, do you mean the 3½" Front Left Channel Twiddler, the Left Door Subwoofer, or both?
​​
A C5 coupe OEM system has 4 main channels and 2 door-mounted subs:
FR and FL -> 3½"
RR and RL -> 6½"
SW-R and SW-L -> 8"

If your FL 3½" Twiddler is gone, I suggest you take the opportunity and upgrade the 4 main channel twiddlers. Click here for more info, and click here for some feedback I'm sure you'll find interesting.

Regarding the OEM door-mounted subs, click here for more details.

Last edited by GCG; 04-07-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 08:51 AM
cvitullo
Advanced

Originally Posted by GCG
Just to make sure we are on the same page, I remember from a previous thread that your C5 has a new headunit installed with a PAC ROEM-VET1 keeping the rest of the system intact. Now you mention that it also has a Dual 10" Sub. Is that in addition to the OEM speakers?

When you say your driver's side door speakers went out, do you mean the 3½" Front Left Channel Twiddler, the Left Door Subwoofer, or both?
​​
A C5 coupe OEM system has 4 main channels and 2 door-mounted subs:
FR and FL -> 3½"
RR and RL -> 6½"
SW-R and SW-L -> 8"

If your FL 3½" Twiddler is gone, I suggest you take the opportunity and upgrade the 4 main channel twiddlers. Click here for more info, and click here for some feedback I'm sure you'll find interesting.

Regarding the OEM door-mounted subs, click here for more details.
initially it was just the tweeter, now I get nothing, not sure how long it been like this, thank you
yes you are correct the 10" sub is in addition to the OEM's
I've not had any time this weekend to check further I'll check more tonight after work, thanks for the links and suggestions

Last edited by cvitullo; 04-08-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 04:35 PM
cvitullo
Advanced

Originally Posted by cvitullo
initially it was just the tweeter, now I get nothing, not sure how long it been like this, thank you
yes you are correct the 10" sub is in addition to the OEM's
I've not had any time this weekend to check further I'll check more tonight after work, thanks for the links and suggestions
I wanted to update this thread, and put this one to bed. I finally pulled the trigger on a full replacement for front and mid (rear) speakers.
my Audio guy did a custom panel for the door speakers and replaced the Bose amp / speakers with a nice set of Focal's
wow what a big difference, even without a second AMP the sound is awesome - next will be a replacement for the DUAL Sub since it shuts down due to thermal protection.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:41 AM
mfi2000
Pro

Received 112 Likes on 78 Posts

Pretty much what I did..

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Door Speakers, yet again

Quick Reply: C5 Door Speakers, yet again