Notices
Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

Tesla style Touch Screen

Old 04-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Silver07Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tesla style Touch Screen

As well all know the C6 interior is pretty plan, Has anyone consider or checked if it is possible to intall a 10 in tesla style touch screen that includes radio, nav, cameras front and rear, and A/C and Heat controls, I have seen this is a new thing people are doing in many cars wondering in anyone has attempted or looked into it for a C6 or any other corvette for that matter, I'm just starting to consider/ look into it.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 PM
madsonp
CF Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 110 Posts

I'd just suggest getting a good aftermarket system that'll fit in your dash, I think it would look much better than something hanging from your dash.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:44 PM
Silver07Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I don't want it to hang out of the dash more something like this
Old 05-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Creedence85

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could do that but would be a lot of trouble, so if you're up for it, fill your boots I guess? For a bigger screen you could probably built a custom tablet mount, and for that sort of stuff, Google is your friend. The climate controls and heated seats would technically be possible, but you'd need to wire each function into some sort of custom control module. The climate control is going to be a mess because along with signal inputs you'd still need actuators for the hot/cold air mix and vent positions. Probably the easiest way to do this would be to get an Android head unit, which will have good touch interface, flexible infotainment and connectivity options, visual customization, and then leave everything else alone because it works.

Have you seen the back end of what's in a Tesla? It's more than a screen, it's a computer running a Linux based system on a custom board with an Intel Atom chip. The Model 3 is even liquid cooled with the battery/motor coolant.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: